“Good place to stay”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Orillia
Sudbury, Canada
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel because we attended a concert at Casino Rama. It was reasonably priced, very clean and the bed was comfortable. The furniture was fairly new and actually matched. Our only complaint is the same as the other hotels who serve a continental breakfast...the dining area is always too small. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here overnight while attending a function at Casino Rama. The hotel was easy to find. The check-in and check-out was easy and fast. The staff were friendly and polite.
Our 2nd floor room was clean, bright, quiet, and comfortable. It had a nice flat screen TV, good microwave and small fridge. Free internet was great as well. The heater was not on when we first checked in (so it was pretty cold being January), but the room warmed up quickly.
They offer free continental breakfast - the food was good, but the selection was standard.
We will consider going back to this hotel again the next time we're in Orillia.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed at the hotel twice this week, The rooms as spartan, but have all the basics, including microwaves and fridges. Beds are decent and the rooms a very clean. breakfast in the morning is basic, but better than another Knights Inn that I stayed in: Coffee, tea, juices, cereal, toast and toaster waffles are your options. The coffee was actually pretty decent.

Second stay was similar to the first, except that the first room they put me in smelled lightly of smoke so the moved me to an upgraded Jacuzzi room for no extra charge.

The hotel is in a light industrial area, but seems safe enough and it is within five minutes of restaurants or 10 minutes from the area malls. Will come back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My ground floor, next to the lobby room was not fancy, but clean, quiet and comfortable. Good tv, newer a/c, standard value breakfast included. Internet signal was strong. The hotel is a 2min car ride to the main street or 3-4 mins by bike. Easy access to the kms of fantastic bike trails along the waterfront or along the Uhthoff trail to Coldwater. $25 cab ride to casino from Hotel. Very good value and a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank RUSS H
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights while attending some business purpose. The location of the hotel is extremely convenient.My check-in was perfect... Actually arrived at 2PM and fully expected my room not to be ready, but there was one available and I was able to check in immediately. The manager was super friendly and helpful, They helped me find a currency exchange in a nearby bank, because they told me I would get a better rate at a bank rather than there in the nearby exchange place How honest is that?? I even ran into some cleaning staff in the  and they were super friendly as well! My room was right near the stairs and yet I never heard one peep. The doors must be totally sound proof or something, since I would never know I was near the stairs  unless I opened my door.

There was a free breakfast every morning, which included things like waffles, cereal, milk, coffee & tea, jellys, jams, etc... I couldn't believe it was all complimentary!! You could even take whatever you wanted up to your room. So awesome to know you have a free breakfast waiting when you wake upThe rooms also have free wi-fi.  I found this amenity very useful since I'm from the states and was communicating with friends & family mostly via online rather than rack up roaming charges on my cell phone.  My room was also always spotless and clean. I really cannot say enough about this place, I HIGHLY recommend staying here and have never written a hotel review before this, but I had to for this one due to my great stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sheen989
Reviewed September 1, 2012

The manager was very polite and helpful. Even call a taxi for us. He gave us good advice for the food. Rooms were very well decorated and beautifully done. The linens and the room were very fresh. washroom was very clean. The rooms were quite and the Internet was fast. My kids enjoyed the T.V very much. My overall experience was very great and worth money paying. I will recommend Knights Inn Orillia to all my friends.

Room Tip: Try to book for east side of the building the parking is closer and entrance from the back.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Man283
London, ON
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This hotel is on par with the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. We booked online and upon arrival, discovered we had a 'smoking' room but that we could upgrade for extra. Really ? A smoking room was never an option in the booking process and my booking confirmation mentions nothing about a smoking room. BTW, neither of us are smokers. If I wanted to pay more I would have stayed elsewhere. The hotel appears to be operated by a large extended family which occupies the front rooms of the hotel. Our 'smoking' room smelled liked there was an all night poker game the previous evening, the room's walls were very thin and it sounded like there was a 'movie' being shot overnight in both neighbouring rooms. The exit from the second floor is down a steep, rickety, external, metal staircase, a challenge when carrying luggage, no elevator. Breakfast was a loaf of Wonder bread and some frozen waffles as well as frosted flakes (seriously). No fruit or yogurt of any kind. The writing on the TV and the remote was Chinese and appeared to have fallen off the back of a truck. The furniture was incredibly old and worn and I refused to take my shoes off. I was not 100% confident the linens had been changed. The white tub surround looked new but there were some obvious handprints in dirt from the last occupant. We were looking for a cheap hotel because we were only going to be there for eight hours. I would not choose this one again for any reason. It is in the middle of an industrial park. There is one vending machine and it was outside. It might be fine for some College kids on a road trip but I think even they would feel the place a bit sketchy.

Room Tip: I would choose a room on the first floor so that you can park your car outside of it and keep and ey...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Skislave
knightsinnorillia, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Orillia, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that you have some issues. You get the smoking room because you book it with hotwire & they do not guaranty the room type so we reserve what they send us.In your case we can not change the room because we are all booked solid on that night.otherwise we all ways change the room type at no cost to the guest as per they requirement.
I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the condition of the guest rooms that you visited over the course of the weekend. As you know, we have many ground floor non smoking rooms & i know smoking room is not appropriate for the non smoker.
If you would care to discuss your concerns further with me personally I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you.
vimal patel
knights inn,orillia

Travelers are raving about these Orillia hotels