All reviews the owner continental breakfast toast bonaventure island wood stove great view log cabin the main lodge juice and coffee deep tub very comfortable king size bed worth the trip spectacular site the cliff sitting area picture window sunny day
Selected filters
Reviewed October 8, 2018

We stayed in one of the Superior Rooms at Au Pic de l'Aurore over the Thanksgiving weekend. Because we decided somewhat last minute to make the getaway, many places were already booked but based on reviews on TA, we chose this place. We were very pleased with every aspect of our stay.
The superior room was very large with a very comfortable king size bed, a sitting area with two chairs, a small love seat, small fridge, desk and the most lovely view of of the village of Peace as well as the Rock and island. Everything was very clean and we appreciated the tile and hardwood floors (no aging carpet!) Bathroom was small but shower was great. Because the establishment is on the far end of the village, and high on a hill, it was very quiet and the panoramic views from both the room and the bar/breakfast area were stunning.
We found the owner to be pleasant and helpful. Because a Superior room does not have kitchen facilities, the continental breakfast is included, and we enjoyed fresh croissants, juice and coffee while scanning the seascape for whales and watching the sky change over Perce Rock.
We were very pleased with Au Pic de l'Aurore and would happily return.

Room tip: All rooms seem to have great views.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2018

These are mostly cabins, and ours was a pleasant surprise, given that we're accustomed to rooms. It seems that everyone has a picture-window view of The Rock, though you'll notice we're looking at it from the upward pointy end, rather than the broader, popular side view. That's just fine because the foreground view is mostly trees. For the side view, just drive down the hill to Perce town to enjoy the crowds, food, pier, boat rides, etc.

The continental breakfast was a bit frugal, but sufficient for us since there's good cafe and pastry down the road. Also, you get fans instead of AC. That was great for our stay, though I don't know how many evenings actually get hot enough to need AC. If you're relaxing in-cabin during a sunny day, you'll appreciate all the screens on the windows and door - keeps out bugs.

I'd gladly return here rather than to any of the motels I saw down at the waterfront.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

We stayed at one of the motel cabins. The room was clean and bed was comfortable. The turnoff is the continental breakfast. The owner wanted to charge for toasts and muffins which We had to reserve the night before. For the price I paid for the room, you would think that we would at least have coffee in our room. We had a coffee maker and cups. Only later did I come across a sign, that was tucked behind some glasses, mentioning that I had to pay for coffee filters and coffee. There was another sign for towels. It's obvious that the owner wanted to reduce his costs but wanting to charge for a muffin and some plain toasts was the wrong way to do it. Reserving my muffin for breakfast was too much for me. I was afraid to ask for a 2nd cup of coffee in case he would charge me. Not very hospitable.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

We spent 2 nights in this nice comfortable cabin. The cabin has a nicely equipped kitchenette which we really appreciated since we like to eat in once in a while.
The bedroom was very spacious even with 1 queen bed, 2 single beds and a desk.
The bathroom was very clean and offered all the commodities we needed.
The view from the porch was splendid, we had a wide open view of the village, the rocher percé and the island.
The staff was very helpful and friendly.
I strongly recommend this place.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2018

This property is amazing - fantastic views of Perce, and off the road a bit more than many places in the Gaspesie, which decreases the road noise. The cabin was beautiful. Breakfast is a small extra charge (less then $5) for continental breakfast at the main lodge. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple