“No service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant La Normandie

Restaurant La Normandie
Ranked #10 of 30 Restaurants in Perce
Cuisines: French, Grill, Canadian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: This restaurant is inside hotel La Normandie but is open to all. Fish, seafood, meat, pasta and vegetarian plates. Exceptional setting right on the beach facing the Bonaventure island and the fabulous Perce Rock.
Ottawa, Canada
“No service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

Easy review: the place looked nice, we were seated promptly but after 15 min waiting for someone to stop by our table we got up and left. Poor service, and we never had their food.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BikeSkiEat

Chicoutimi, Canada
“Exceptionnal view, ordinary food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

I ate at La Normandie restaurant with my family (2 adults and 2 kids, plus my mother-in-law). Honestly, I was disappointed. The view on the Rock and Bonaventure island is very beautiful. The food was not so great, but very priecy. I took the leek and goat cheese phyllo pastry as appetizer. It was good, but the portion was so small that you eat it all in 3 bites! And I had to pay an extra charge for that! A good way to maximise profits is certainly to serve less food... I took the fish soup and it was good. My husband took the lobster bisque. I was the worse lobster bisque I ever taste. It was tasting tomatoes, and no trace of lobster. No taste of lobster at all. I told the waitress taht the bisque was not good and tasting tomatoes. She argued with me that the bisque was very good... And she argued that she know restauration... Obviously, her dining experiences were very limited. A big deception for a seafood restaurant. For the main cousre, my husband and I took the crab raviolis. It was not very tasty, and covered by something tasting like the awfull losbter bisque... My daughter took the pork medaillon. It was overcooked and dry. The deserts were ok. Finally, I have to say that the service was very long. So, overall, the view is exceptionnal, but the food is ordinary and priecy.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Aurora, Colorado
“Relaxed Dining in a Seaside Environment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2010

Set in a delightful seaside styled dining room that overlooks Pierce Rock and Bonaventure Island the La Normandie dining room offers a Table D’ Hote menu that included either appetizer or desert, soup or salad, your entrée, and tea or coffee.

We were somewhat surprised and disappointed to be told that several of the menu items were “out” due to the hotel preparing to close for the season in a “few weeks.” While it did provide a decent meal it is not one of the best that you will find in town. I chose the Salmon linguine which was light on the salmon and heavy on the cream sauce. Tasty but I had hoped for more fish. My wife chose the halibut which again tasted good but was dry. (We also overheard the comment from another nearby table that their pork roast was also dry – perhaps a common complaint). We shared the chocolate Hazelnut cake for desert which was perhaps one of the best items of the evening.

Service was somewhat indifferent and was exceptionally slow. Kids may not do too well here due to the length of the meal service. To their credit they do have a disclaimer in the front of the menu that if you are in a hurry to let your server know. We perhaps should have taken them up on that offer! This restaurant is recommended for those who are seeking a very relaxed “European” style dining experience where your evening is your meal and the food you are seeking is perhaps slightly above average but certainly nothing you will be writing home about.

In the morning a Déjeuner Breakfast Buffet is available to hotel guests. This service includes a choice of pâtés, Quiche, bacon, cheese, stewed fruits, Scotland bread pudding, croissants, bread, fresh fruits and dry cereals.

For both meal services nothing exceptionally “bad” stuck out.. but then again there was nothing exceptionally remarkable about the meals either. All in all it offered us a slightly above average “so-so” experience.

1 Thank travelnrelax
Tampa, Florida
“Amazing views and excellent food - well worth a visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2010

On a recent trip to Perce we stayed at the Hotel La Normandie and decided to try the restaurant for dinner. Although it wasn't yet high season, the hotel still had us make reservations and we chose the earliest at 6:00pm. We were seated by the window with a gorgeous view of Perce Rock. The service was good, but if you are looking for a quick bite, this isn't the place. Although we didn't feel underdressed in jeans, this is closer to fine dining than a family restaurant and I'm not sure kids would do well here. The table d'hote consists of an appetizer, a soup or salad, and an entree, and prices range from $24 to $48. You also have the option to substitute a dessert for the appetizer, but we just ordered ours a la carte (I highly recommend the cheese and maple pie - think cheesecake with a sweet maple sauce/frosting on top). The full menu is found in both French and English on the hotel's website. Although it is a bit on the expensive side, you definitely get what you pay for. The atmosphere is wonderful, the views are amazing, and the food is excellent!

2 Thank SBPerry