“Great Girl's Weekend”

Trinity House Inn
Ranked #33 of 51 Restaurants in Gananoque
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Trinity House Inn offers an inviting atmosphere based on comfortable elegance.Celebrated cuisine and a wine list that includes a comprehensive selection of Estate and VQA wines can be enjoyed by the fireplace or on the pergola sun terrace overlooking waterfall gardens.
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The staff was great, welcoming and couldn't do enough for us. The dinner and breakfast were the best we have had at a Inn.

1  Thank Bonnie M
jj9090, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

I am pleased that you enjoyed your weekend.Thanks for your kind review.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

A welcoming Italian restaurant in a refurbished home. Very warm wait staff and owner. Excellent food. Strongly recommend this place.

Jacques O, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your evening and the cuisine.Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Took my sister and her husband for their 47th anniversary dinner - perfect!!! The setting is exquisite: beautifully set table, warm friendly atmosphere, posh but not stodgy. We gals had the plank salmon: melt in the mouth tender, lovely dill sauce, perfect vegetables (esp. the carrots), men had steak and veal - both very happy with their meals. Desserts were heavenly though a bit too large, coffee superb. The waitress was friendly and attentive but not overly so. All in all, a really special meal in a special place for a special couple. Glad we chose it - will definately return. Joan Frommer, Perth ON

jj9090, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

I am happy that your group enjoyed the Anniversary dinner.Thank you for taking the time to write a review.I appreciate it.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Dined here recently and were disappointed. My husband had lamb which was done very nicely but the vegetables could have been better. Saffron mussels turned out to be little more than mussels cooked in some sort of creamed tomato broth (reminded me of canned tomato soup!). We sat out in a glassed in room where the air conditioning was not working properly (it was uncomfortably warm) and the windows were very dirty. The service was slow even though the restaurant was not busy. Very disappointing....

1  Thank CanuckTravel4Ever
jj9090, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your dining experience.Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

- service was horrible
- pasta sauce was Tomato soup
- lasagna was 4-5 days old as explained by the Inn keeper
- A positive was the bread and escargot.

3  Thank Mike S
jj9090, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

This couple stayed here and dined for 2 days.They complained to me at the end of their stay as they were checking out.They allege that I said that the lasanga was 4 or 5 days old which I did not.I suspect they were looking for a discount which I felt was not warranted.Upon investigating their complaint further my Chef advised me that they complained about a lasagna dish that was replaced with an alternate pasta dish but were not charged the higher price.I am told that they were happy with the substitution.In my opinion,their complaint does not warrant a reimbursement.