“What a Find!”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stay in Gan often. We've eaten in a lot of restaurants in the town, but I have no idea how this one wasn't discovered sooner. What a jem!

The atmosphere takes you back in time to a real traditional pub, complete with 2 older gentlemen sharing a pitcher in the corner. This alone would have me smiling about this place, but the food, what can I say, we really enjoyed the food.

We shared a plate of Drunken Mussels done in a very nice curry. Just the right amount of bite and yummy bread to soak in the sauce. Next up was the Beef Stew served in a giant Yorkshire Pudding. Awesome idea, and really tasty. The stew of beef and mushrooms had an incredibly flavourful gravy, but it's topped with very skinny sweet potato fries and deep fried leeks. I've never seen anything like it before, and it was all so yummy.

We chatted quite a bit with the chef, and it was a really great way to spend a dreary wet afternoon. We'll definitely be returning. :)

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I would love to rate this establishment much higher because I think they are really trying to create a warm, friendly and high quality pub. Lord knows we could use something in this area. In the past year I have eaten here three times. The first time I was violently ill during the night (panko crusted fish), the second was indigestion and this week I needed 4 Tums to calm my stomach. I ordered their hot chicken sandwich. If you like carbs, you'll love this. Three slices of bread (I think) used to separate a layer of lovely chicken and a layer of dressing....all on top of a bed of potato hash, smothered with gravy and topped with onion rings. Maybe I misread the menu!! I knew I was in trouble at first sight. I probably shouldn't have eaten as much of it as I did...I didn't eat it all. I would suggest less bread, less gravy, skip the dressing or the potatoes and offer a side vegetable or salad.

I repeat....I really think the management is trying very hard and I commend them. In future, I order soup or salad.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Dined here on a reccommendation and were not dissapointed. A small venue offering inside dining or on their screened patio. The menu very good and typical of the restaurant theme. Try the IPA beef stew. The ribs are also an excellent choice. Full bar service is also available with a good selection of beers.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We went to this pub while on our wedding anniversary getaway. It was raining and crappy out but the pub was very warm and cozy. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. The food Amazing. I had the Irish meatloaf and my husband the stew, we were stuffed and happy. I wish I could get the recipe!!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We dined here our first night in Gan. After 6 hours of driving we were ready for beer and a meal. I had Irish meatloaf and an excellent IPA. My wife had quiche. Both meals were good enough that we took my parents there later in the week. A restaurant has to be good for us to visit it twice during a 7 day vacation! On our second visit my dad enjoyed the meatloaf and I had the IPA beef stew. I'm looking forward to having the ribs when we vacation there again. Service was friendly and prompt and we met some of the local folks who frequent the place regularly. This is what a pub experience should be.