“Good food and outstanding beer”

Stonewater Pub and Irish Eatery
Ranked #5 of 49 Restaurants in Gananoque
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Athens, Ohio
“Good food and outstanding beer”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We dined here our first night in Gan. After 6 hours of driving we were ready for beer and a meal. I had Irish meatloaf and an excellent IPA. My wife had quiche. Both meals were good enough that we took my parents there later in the week. A restaurant has to be good for us to visit it twice during a 7 day vacation! On our second visit my dad enjoyed the meatloaf and I had the IPA beef stew. I'm looking forward to having the ribs when we vacation there again. Service was friendly and prompt and we met some of the local folks who frequent the place regularly. This is what a pub experience should be.

• Visited September 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“Live Music at the Pub”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Nice atmosphere in busy surroundings. Just had a few drinks whilst listening to live music - two guitar/songwriters on small stage. Good times, but pub is small - get there early for seats!!

Visited August 2013
Gatineau, Canada
“Bang for your buck!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This restaurant was referred to my boyfriend and I by a local. it's near the water, really clean, good service and the food is great. Not only that but the prices are really good for the amount of food. We shared an app and we each ordered our own main course. We both had enough to bring home for dinner the next day. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
Ontario, Canada
“Flies”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The fish and chips were great. No room inside so had to eat on patio. Too many flies spoiled our meal

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food next to amazing scenery!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stopped here on our road trip from Montreal to Toronto, and we were really pleasantly surprised! The food was great, as was the service and the ambient :)! I would highly recommend this place!

Visited August 2013