“This is the place to eat!”
Review of Old English Pub

Old English Pub
Ranked #7 of 51 Restaurants in Gananoque
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Go in! Ignore that it looks old, it's called rustic and homey! I ordered the greek burger in lamb, with pumpkin spice soup and a wine. Service was excellent and fast. The lamb burger was cooked perfectly and the pumpkin soup was different than the usual pumpkin soups, which made it one that will stand out. The price was great. It was just the right place to chat and eat, very relaxed.

1  Thank Newmarlee

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I love this place, you can always count on it. The food is great and well-priced and the service is excellent. Plus, where else can you eat with a portrait of Winston Churchill watching over you. The potato bacon soup is one of the best I ever had, if you see that as the soup of the day, GO IN! I wish they offered it all the time, that is my only complaint :)

1  Thank terriffic
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We have eaten in this pub several times now before going to the theater. We love the beers on draft; there is something to satisfy every taste preference. The atmosphere is comfortable. The place is busy around meal time but we have not had to wait long at the bar and we could enjoy our draft beer while we waited.
The last time we took two daughters. Their fish meals were disappointing. But I tried a lamb burger made Greek style (with feta cheese and spinach) and it was incredible. Everyone liked the fries. I liked the burger so much that we went again a few weeks later and had the same thing. I saved the last bite for my husband and he said he was going to order the lamb burger next time. I'll go back to enjoy it again.

1  Thank R0550
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The interior of Old English Pub is all dark wood and comfortable seats. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food, considering it is a pub. I had the spinach salad with ginger shrimp, The spinach was fresh with homemade yogurt dressing and I loved how buttery the shrimp was. My husband had fish and chips; he loved the fish. Come this pub for a relaxed and tasty meal!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We arrived as a small group, but felt like part of the gang before leaving. We didn't get on stage, but sang along, perfect evening after the theatre.

1  Thank Bonnie M