“The Best Schnitzel!”

Maple Leaf Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 51 Restaurants in Gananoque
Cuisines: European, Czech, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: ****Open for Season April 29, 2016 **** Our food philosophy is very simple. There is nothing better for you then a freshly cooked meal from scratch.Our menu is greatly influenced by our Czech origins and culture. We are also is inspired by local food and produce, as well as slow flavourful cooking and healthy eating. Business Hours (April 29th - Dec 24th) Monday - Closed. Tuesday - 4:00Pm - 9:30pm Wed to Sun - 11:00am - 9:30pm
Reviewed July 8, 2013

What an amazing find! I was told about this restaurant from a friend and have been thanking that friend since my visit to Maple Leaf Restaurant! Excellent service and excellent schnitzel. My mouth is watering while I am writing this review... that is how good it was. Definitely going back!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have been going to Gananoque for years with my husband to the excellent summer theatre, but never eaten here! Why I say!!
It would be easy to walk by this restaurant - and we have done often - but having read some of the tripadvisor comments we said we'd give it a try. It will not be the last time! The schnitzel (special was the Gypsy) was excellent, and served with a smile. Generally this family restaurant has everything going for it; friendly and prompt service and good food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

After 2.5 hourse on boat,we end up in restaurant to our surprise with some really good food from country where we were born.That was fantastick .Quality of food exellent,you could see it was made with passion and love. We recommend this restaurant to all our friends and we for sure will visit Gansnogue and this friendly Maple Leafe restaurant more often.
Stanislava & Lary

Reviewed June 30, 2013

A really good friendly restaurant. The schnitzel is always excellent and reasonable price. I recommend this restaurant to anyone that likes European food and atmosphere

Reviewed June 27, 2013

While travelling around Northern America we discovered this nice place which made our trip even more enjoyable. As originating from the Czech Republic, we were really pleased to eat in this family-run, "Czech Snitzel House" after surviving on US fast food for a couple of weeks. Since we were staying in the city for a a few days, we had the chance to visit the restaurant couple of times.

Their pork schnitzel was juicy and really tasty, just as I remember my grandma did it. The spaetzle was precisely the same taste we are used to when we travel to Austria for skiing. Strudel was right as it should be. We ordered also some international choices such as onion rings, breaded shrimps and BLT sandwich. I can say absolutely nothing wrong about these meals.

On tap they have our famous Czech Pilsner Urquell and Budvar (in Canada they call it Czechvar), however we enjoyed Moosehead (since we have well enough Pilsner at home). What a great beer!

The staff is friendly, helpful and professional. The prices are reasonable. If we ever have the chance to come back to Gananoque again, we will definitely stop by.