“Best in Gan.”

Maple Leaf Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 51 Restaurants in Gananoque
Cuisines: European, Czech, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: ****Open for Season April 29, 2016 **** Our food philosophy is very simple. There is nothing better for you then a freshly cooked meal from scratch.Our menu is greatly influenced by our Czech origins and culture. We are also is inspired by local food and produce, as well as slow flavourful cooking and healthy eating. Business Hours (April 29th - Dec 24th) Monday - Closed. Tuesday - 4:00Pm - 9:30pm Wed to Sun - 11:00am - 9:30pm
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This cozy eatery is a must try while inb Gan or travelling nearby. From atarters, to entree, to dessert, it's all good. If you're lucky, Pavel, the owner's son, will be your waiter. His dry wit and attentiveness are a grest addition to the excellent schnitzles and their accompaniments. Call ahead on busy weekends to assure your seats. Everything is cooked to perfection. Keep up the good work!

1  Thank DanL36274

Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

I adore European food and I was happy when someone told me about the schnitzel at the Maple Leaf Restaurant. The meal portion was more than adequate. The service was friendly and efficient. The restaurant has a very homey and comfortable atmosphere. I will be back to try more items off the menu.

1  Thank lari1960
Reviewed November 29, 2012

If you are in Gananoque and want good home cooked meal stop in at Maple Leaf restaurant. Was there just the other week, food was excellent I had a home made soup , snitzell with spaetzle (it was just like i remember my grandma used to make) . Everything was freshly prepared on premises it was sooooo tasty. Service was very quick and frendly. It was a great experience and i will definetely go there again.

1  Thank Alina L
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Passing through Gan. I searched for restaurants and found great reviews on Maple Leaf. We were thrilled we decided to check it out. the schnitzel is 'pounded' as it should be and the spaetzl fried also. What a wonderful surprise to find a bit of 'home' on the road. It was very clean and the waitresses plus the owner were great to talk to! Will certainly be back!

1  Thank Gabrielle B
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We found this place purely by chance and were so happy with the lunch that we came back for dinner. They are closed Mondays otherwise we'd have been there on our second day in Gananoque too.
I am from an eastern european family and the goulash with dumplings tasted exactly like my mother's home cooking. My partner had the roasted beef and that was very good too.
The Maple Leaf is family owned. They took it over in the 80's, kept the name because it was too pricey to change it, and so it stuck, though tough times and good, incongruous with the cuisine as it is.
The euro-beer is great too!

1  Thank Kim377