“Best batter ever!”

Lobster Trap Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were camping at charleston lake and decided on the last night to visit this restaurant. The restaurant had an amazing ambience with amazing customer service. Our waitress was named Paige and she was very attentive to our orders. Even though the restaurant was packed, she had our drinks refilled even prior to us asking for it, which was a "wow" factor for us. We has two orders of fish and chips, and I have to say, the best batter on fish I have ever had. Usually the fish batter is oily or too dry but this was perfect. Next my brother had the davey jones special platter and the presentation was sizzling. The lobster beats the lobster at the red lobster, hands down. Lastly, we had had the shrimp penne. The sauce was beyond this world! One minor little thing that should be done is that the appetizer bread wasn't as warm, so warmer bread would be delcious! Overall love the experience and the unique taste!

Lobster T, Marketing at Lobster Trap Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. The fish and chips are a big seller here and it's great to hear that you enjoyed your meal. I have passed along your comments to our staff, especially to Paige, and wish to extend our thanks for such a wonderful response. We hope that you will return soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We had not eaten at the Lobster Trap in quite a while & it was nice to re-visit. The decor was, of course, Nautical and the inside of the restaurant was very clean.
We enjoyed appetizers of a Clam Chowder & a Ceasar Salad, both very tastey. My spouse ordered the Captains' Platter ....a plate full of Calemari, scallop, shrimp, fish, fries & salad. My order was a scrumptious Striploin steak complete with baked potato and vegetable. Both choices came as ordered, hot & very delicious.
Our server was attentive & was able to guide us through the menu.
We will return when in Gananoque again.

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your meal and hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I had a taste for seafood, so on Sunday night stopped in here. Unfortunately, the lobster left much to be desired regarding its flavor and consistency. The service and ambiance were good. Perhaps it was due to it being a Sunday night.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments in helping us to improve our offerings. We apologize that your meal did not meet your expectations and we hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My niece and I finished our day on a boat cruise by going to the Lobster Trap Restaurant. The meal did not disappoint. It was excellent. Our waitress was kind, friendly and prompt with all our requests. The lobster was tasty, the shrimp done to perfection, and my steak was seasoned to my taste, cooked to my request and melted in my mouth. The portions were ample, and I enjoyed a delicious lunch the next day from my take home food. The drinks we ordered were put together with flair and my niece and I found the whole experience to be a perfect finish to a great day.

Thank you for your review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your meal with us and hope that you return again in the future.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Ok, the ambience is tacky and the waitress isn't Miss Personality but the food was good. I got a plate of Fish & Chips with a large portion of cod, well cooked and tasty. My wife and kids got mussels in marinara sauce, chicken parmigianna and lobster with spagetti. Everything was well done !! I suppose you have to be a very bas cook to miss one of this recipes !!
WC was clean and service was fast and polite.

Lobster T, General Manager at Lobster Trap Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

I would like to thank you for eating with us at The Lobster Trap. Our fish and chips are the most popular dish at the restaurant, I am glad you enjoyed your dinner. I would encourage you to come again and try our Poseidon's Feast, if you or your family would like to tackle a 5 pound lobster.

Cheers