“Melt in your mouth steak” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lobster Trap Restaurant - CLOSED

Lobster Trap Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian, American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kingston, Canada
“Melt in your mouth steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

My niece and I finished our day on a boat cruise by going to the Lobster Trap Restaurant. The meal did not disappoint. It was excellent. Our waitress was kind, friendly and prompt with all our requests. The lobster was tasty, the shrimp done to perfection, and my steak was seasoned to my taste, cooked to my request and melted in my mouth. The portions were ample, and I enjoyed a delicious lunch the next day from my take home food. The drinks we ordered were put together with flair and my niece and I found the whole experience to be a perfect finish to a great day.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lobster T, Marketing at Lobster Trap Restaurant, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your meal with us and hope that you return again in the future.

Gatineau,Québec
“Good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Ok, the ambience is tacky and the waitress isn't Miss Personality but the food was good. I got a plate of Fish & Chips with a large portion of cod, well cooked and tasty. My wife and kids got mussels in marinara sauce, chicken parmigianna and lobster with spagetti. Everything was well done !! I suppose you have to be a very bas cook to miss one of this recipes !!
WC was clean and service was fast and polite.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Lobster T, General Manager at Lobster Trap Restaurant, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I would like to thank you for eating with us at The Lobster Trap. Our fish and chips are the most popular dish at the restaurant, I am glad you enjoyed your dinner. I would encourage you to come again and try our Poseidon's Feast, if you or your family would like to tackle a 5 pound lobster.

Cheers
Cornwall, Canada
“total let down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Was so excited to go to this place because of it's name. We were getting to have a nice quiet meal without kids for the first time in a long time. What a mistake. As a lobster and pasta lover I ordered the lobster spaghetti. Pasta was overcooked, sauce tasted like it was a can of diced tomatoes, dry, and lobster was mediocre. Couldn't believe what I paid for this meal. Took forever to get a drink.....one waitress on at 5pm on a Friday. She was nice though....thank goodness. Will never go back again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ibiza Town, Spain
“Wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We stopped over at the casino & ate dinner at the lobster trap.Been here last yr & it still amazing! I still love there seafood/steak sizzler! Nice for the price and you get a pretty good portion.Wife got the fish & chips which she said tasted pretty good & it also tasted better then other places she tried.I recommend it!

• Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Lobster Trap, that is a trap”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We saw the huge advertisement along the high way while driving from to Kingston to Gananoque and were under the influence of marketing. So we had to try it. The deco has its own charm in a tacky way. However the food was disappointing at the price they charge. I ordered the lobster pasta, which was bland and lukewarm. Besides, the lobster meat in the dish was soggy claw meat, seemed to me no tails were used.

• Visited October 2012