“the local beer/lager is pretty bland and tasteless”

Muskie Jake's Tap & Grill
Ranked #17 of 56 Restaurants in Gananoque
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stopped off here on our last evening of a houseboat rental sailing around the Thousand Islands = cabin fever and we needed to get off the boat for a short while! The pub is at the Gananoque Inn & Spa and you can dock at their marina whilst drinking/dining there provided you check in with reception first. The pub is really more restaurant seating, but we were able to sit in a booth for a couple of hours as they weren't too busy. There was also outdoor patio seating, but we chose the air-conditioned indoors as it was really quite hot outside.

Not a big choice of beers, I chose the local 'Gan' brew, it was a lager according to the waitress, however it was actually fairly bland and tasteless. I didn't go for another when we ordered our second round, it took me as long to finish the first as it took my companions to drink their two. Average, maybe even on the high side pricing wise. The service was average I'd say, nothing special, maybe as we weren't eating only drinking?

It was quite when we arrived, but had started to get quite busy as we left. The food coming out to other tables looked quite nice. It's just a 5 minute walk into the centre of Gananoque, we walked in to use an ATM before we got back on our houseboat.

I'm not sure I'd visit again, there's lots of other places in Gananoque that would be worth visiting. We only really stopped here due to not being able to dock at the municipal marina as it was full, and the dock here being empty.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were there mid week in July but found it was busy for both lunch and dinner and contrary to the information above were advised that they did not take reservations. If you are in a hurry this may not be the place for you. As retirees time was not an issue for us. While the meal took almost an hour to get to the table we just relaxed and enjoyed a good beer. The quality and quantity of the food was good, however, don't expect white tablecloths at this restaurant. The patio provides a nice view of the river and islands. Ample parking. The price for dinner with beer was about $20.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

The menu is very limited. We waited an hour for our food and when it came it was cold and clearly made from frozen. The customer service is poor as well.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

My wife and I ordered onion rings, calamare and fish and chips. It was all from frozen. Calamare was tough. Don't go if you are expecting fresh.

1  Thank Bosse1
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Lovely bar - WONDERFUL VIEW - overlooking the water..

Wonderful place for a cold glass and a great view.

Selection of local beers disappointing, but otherwise selection quite good.

Usual bar food, but well priced and well prepared.

Would definitely go back there - if only for the ambiance.