“Country Diner Atmosphere”
Review of Anthony's

Anthony's
Ranked #19 of 51 Restaurants in Gananoque
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A piece of Gananoque history. Located directly in front of the Town Park and close to everything Gananoque has to offer. Everything offered is local and prepared fresh each day. Our patio offers an excellent view to the street action as well as shade if required. Parking is located directly across the street!
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
“Country Diner Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We found ourselves in Gananoque and hungry, so sought out a country pub type of place for lunch. The first place we walked into - Pig Iron BBQ - we just turned right around and walked out. A little further up was Anthony's, so we went in there. The atmosphere is certainly not posh, but the service was good and the food fine. My partner had liver and onions and said it was OK (too much gravy and too many fries, but the liver was good). I had a rueben, which was a little fatty, but tasty. Too many fries as well. The wine was a Pelee Island red, at a reasonable price and a good poor. One wine plus 2 meals was $35, so prices are reasonable. I would like to go back in the summer, as their patio looked inviting.

• Visited January 2012

• Korean first
Lansdowne, Canada
“Great affordable food”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Just read the last few reviews for "Anthony's" and had to reply!! My wife and I dine out often and when we are in Gananoque we love to eat at "Anthony's". The food portions are great and the price is very affordable. The service can be a little slow at peak season, but this is mainly due to a large and diverse menu that must drive the kitchen staff nuts,as all food is cooked to order. The decor is quaint, and the patio is very pleasant during the short Canadian summer. My wife is a waiters (and kitchen) nightmare often asking for what seems impossible. She always leaves satisfied. The small town charm is very evident and we always try to get the little blonde hair waitress with the big smile (Danielle, I think??), as she is very friendly and polite! I would recommend thisplaceto anyone that likes to share a bottle of wine and indulge in pasta or prime rib.

• Visited December 2011
6 Thank bigmanfoody
Toronto, Canada
“Gross and horrible”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Dear people!!!!!!!!!!! I would like to share a horrible experience with you guys.First of all it was my birthday after the nicest boat trip I wanted to spend a nice time with my husband,and have a italian food,I like the terrace and I wnted to eat out side.The ewaiters didnot know what they are doing,I asked them for lemon ,they ignore it.I told them that its my birthday they even didnot fish me happy birthday.We orded food,cheese sticks were frosen,and my meat was more fat then meat,the lady he also served didnot pay attention to us at all,i told her the meat has a lot off fat and she ignore it.I faw so upset,imagine my birthday and horrible meat and service,I work in hotel in front desk and we always make people happy,I never wrote review in my life,but this......I will never forget.We spend the 65 dollars for 2 meat ,beer and frosen chese stike,I think its rip off.THEY DONT KNW HOW TO HAVE CUSTOMER CERVICE. Really upset,never come back there.

3 Thank russianbeauty1980
sarnia, ontario
“Service and food were bad”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

It took forever for us to receive our drinks (after our food arrived), and for the waitress to take our order. When the food arrived it was nothing special. Very greasy fish and chips and pasta that I could have made at home. I would not recommend this place and would not go back.

1 Thank sweettooth11
Toronto, Canada
“TERRIBLE FOOD, EVEN WORSE MANAGEMENT”
Reviewed July 2, 2011

"We wont charge you, but never come back here again!" Said the manager. "We are known for our pasta" Said the server as we mentioned that our alfredo sauce was, well...a flavourless soup. This is the typical arrogant nature of the staff and management since losing their best chef. It was our second visit here. We thought to give the food a second chance even though the service AND the fajitas were TERRIBLE first time around.(Seriously, who leaves the tails on the shrimp when serving fajitas? And easy on that oil guys, doesn't take much to make 'em smoke). Horrible food, and her childish 'the management is always right' approach even left her servers appalled as we calmly walked away in disgust.
Sorry guys, WORD OF MOUTH RULES.

2 Thank Tadvisor12