“Excellent time at the Inn”
Review of Trinity House Inn

Trinity House Inn
Ranked #10 of 12 Gananoque B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Just had a great weekend celebrating my wife's 50th at the Inn. We have several couples all stay at the Inn and use our room, the Prince Regent as the get together headquarters. Had a great dinner, breakfast and the staff were very friendly and helpful. It is very close to the main street so we're able to walk after to dance the night away.

Would do it again. Thank you Jacques for a great weekend at your Inn!

Mark

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
jj9090, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.Mark,I am pleased that your group enjoyed their stay.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We enjoyed a wonderful stay at Trinity House. This immaculately kept Victorian Inn is a veritable treasure trove of antiques and beautifully appointed little nooks. The gardens provide a welcome respite from a day of sight seeing, and with a glass of wine and a good book, sitting out there, underneath the billowing trees, feels like a little trip to Italy. We dined in 5-star fashion while our every whim was addressed and taken care of. The guestroom was heavenly, and again, spotless! Trinity House Inn was the highlight of our trip to Kingston, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone visiting the Gananoque area and its environs. Why choose the blandness of the brand hotel when you can enjoy personalized service and the old world charm of this award winning Inn. Thank you Jaques, for a fabulous, fabulous stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful, but we especially enjoyed our garden view. There is no "Fitness Centr...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Karin R
jj9090, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review.I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and your time in our gardens.Regards.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I arrived at the Inn in the early evening and was welcomed and given a tour. I felt very at home right from the beginning. I was a solo travelor and stayed in the Georgina Suite for two nights.The room was a little small and situated in the front of the house.I had a private bath but it was down the hall. What seemed like a disadvantage at first proved to be a great advantage. The room was very large and walking there was not a problem with comfy white terry robes being provided. I only had one meal at the Inn; breakfast. I ate towards the end of the breakfast availability and found the quiche and pancakes, provided in a chafing dish were cold and dried out. The remainder of the meal was very good and service attentive. I returned to the Inn at midnight and thought a darkening blind for the window would have been welcome. The next night I arrived back at the Inn around 10:15pm. There was quite a bit of noise from the kitchen, the result of a large dinner party and the noise lasted a good two hours. Unfortunatley sound travelled very well in this house. Overall it was a beautiful restored home and well maintained. It was one of the best prices in town for this type of accomodation and breakfast was optional for a small fee. The location was great for touring the main street, galleries and river front by foot.

Room Tip: Best choice of room would be a larger suite.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
jj9090, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for your review.Your stay overlapped with the one night we host a golf tournament dinner which started latter than scheduled and kitchen cleanup was latter than normal as a result.Unfortunately your room was above the kitchen area at the top of the open staircase.Normally we try to have the kitchen closed down by 10:00pm on a Saturday evening.I am sorry for the inconvenience.If you return please advise me,and I will ensure that you receive complimentary upgrades.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

5 of my friends decided to celebrate a special birthday in Ganonoque, to visit Bolt Island. My family had been to Trinity House Inn 15 years ago, and I was impressed. When I was booking this special weekend, I was pleased to hear it was under the same management. Mr. Jacques O'Shea. The weekend was delightful, the meals in the dining room (supper and brunch) were over the top in both presentation, selection and taste. Every detail was exquisite. Thank you to all the staff and Mr. O'Shea for making our weekend perfect and memorable. We have told everyone about our stay and the service, and our talking about our next get away. Thank's again. Bonnie Macdonald and friends

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
jj9090, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay and taking the time to write a review.I am especially pleased that you were particularily satisfied with our hospitality.I will pass this on to my colleagues. Regards

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed in a Queen Room which suited us perfectly. The Inn is well situated to the sights around Gananoque and breakfasts were served in a lovely dining area. The bathroom was a little small but adequate. Staff are very friendly and I would recommend this B&B to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.I am pleased that you found your stay comfortable.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Prince Regent Suite for three nights and unlike a previous reviewer, had a lovely experience. Although the room is on a lower level it was spacious, cozy and comfortable. The hot tub was more than welcome after a long day of cycling on the 1000 Islands trails. The Inn was beautifully restored, clean and comfortable and the suite was freshened as expected each day. The innkeeper, Jacques, was friendly and accommodating. We dined in the inn's restaurant one evening and enjoyed our meal. Portions were generous and the meal was good. It was prepared freshly, in-house as we spoke to the chef when he was prepping in the afternoon and we saw him prepare the chicken dish I at that evening.

I would not hesitate to recommend the inn to others.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
jj9090, Owner at Trinity House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay.Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

The Trinity Inn is in a lovely old brick building in Gananoque. The owner lives in and is friendly and considerate. Our room was charming although a little on the small side -- to be expected in a building of this vintage. Dinner was superb -- I had a delicious seafood linguine in rosé sauce; my wife had scallops in a cream saffron sauce. The food was fine dining quality, yet the service was friendly and relaxed.

The Trinity is definitely worth looking into if you like a boutique type experience. Warm and friendly service, excellent food.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay here and your visit to our lovely town.
Thanks for taking the time to write a review.Regards.
Jacques O'Shea

Also consider these accommodations in or near Gananoque
The Gananoque Inn and Spa
1000 Islands Harbor Hotel
The Woodview Inn
The Woodview Inn
#4 of 12 in Gananoque

Been to Trinity House Inn? Share your experiences!