Perfect, solid,clean, easy to find, with good breakfast,nice front desk staff hotel. Also, a as plus, the hotel offers a casino package.
The only 3 things that bothered us were as follows:
- in the breakfast area they have a waffle maker, which, as one might guess, no everyone knows how to operate. Instructions were not so much provided, so one had to figure it out for himself how to use it. As a consequence, things did not come out as planned and the breakfast staff that appeared on site only when the issues arrived, was rather rude. After making us feel like dirt with her attitude, she sarcastically said that she would make the waffle, so we had no option but to sit at a table and wait for the waffle. While we were waiting, my partner got up to bring some forks when he heard the lady lady badmouthing us to another lady that was sitting at another table. We decided to ignore her comment and not allow her to ruin our day.
- the room's main window seemed to have had the property to be opened by the people in the room, if so desired, yet, not only was it extremely tall and unreachable, it was also impossible to open
- the bathroom door had an incredibly weird smell, that seemed to persist during our entire stay. We think it might have been an agent used to paint the door as to protect it in case of fire.
We cannot say anything about the pool, as he had not used it. Outside, at the same level with the pool, there was a nice little terrace with a nice view.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Few Hotels in Gananoque Can Match Our Features The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites 1000 Islands - Gananoque, one of the newest Gananoque, Ontario hotels, is situated in the heart of the Thousand Islands. Our hotel's location is just off Hwy 2 and close to Hwy 401. Leisure guests enjoy the convenience of our St. Lawrence River hotel's location, which is close to historic Gananoque and the Gananoque Boat Line. Day trips to Boldt Castle, scenic cruises, sport fishing and Fort Henry are easily accessible from here. You can test your luck at the 1000 Islands OLG Casino, just 0.5 km away from us. Few hotels in Gananoque, Ontario offer corporate guests a better location than we do. We're halfway between Ottawa & Syracuse and Montreal & Toronto. There are three meeting rooms that can handle up to 200 guests, with catering, video conferencing and A/V equipment for the perfect business event. Naturally, there is high-speed Internet access to keep you connect during your stay in the Thousand Islands. Our hotel's upscale amenities will delight every guest. You can start your day with a visit to the free hot breakfast buffet and relax at the end of it in the indoor pool or sauna. The bright and airy Fitness Centre offers a large TV to make workouts fly by. Our rooms feature a microwave and fridge for added value. Our award-winning Gananoque hotel's location and amenities will make your 1000 Islands visit just about perfect. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Suites Gananoque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Gananoque Hotel Gananoque
- Holiday Inn Express Gananoque
- Holiday Inn Gananoque
- Holiday Inn Express Suites Gananoque Ontario, Canada