“Amazing Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Gananoque
Kingston, Canada
“Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed one night here in December 2012. Hotel was great! The rooms were large and exceptionally clean. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful as well. The free morning breakfast was a huge bonus!
Congratulations on such a well kept, well maintained, and customer focussed property!
We will be back.

Room Tip: The suites are exceptionally large!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pat M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was attending a conference in the area, and decided that this hotel was a much better choice than the resort that was hosting the conference.

We had a 2 queen room that was very large, clean and well appointed. The room had a fridge and coffee maker, so we could stock up on our pop and coffee.

The beds were comfortable as were the pillows. We did not spend much time at the hotel only in our room and to eat breakfast.

The breakfast was typical but plentiful. There was a selection of warm and cold foods, and lots of it. The staff working in the dining area were courteous and efficient.

Would I stay here again. Yes! Definitely. It was much better than the resort hosting the conference and the ammenities were new and clean.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've been undergoing chemo for the past 4 months. Since a vacation is out of the question, my husband took me to Gananoque for a little R&R. The hotel was wonderful! We had a suite with fireplace and jacuzzi.

The fireplace is a bit of a joke, it's just electric, but still added a bit of ambiance to the room. I spent A LOT of time in the jacuzzi.

The suite was laid out very well. I'm an early riser, my husband is not. The bathroom and coffee station were far from the main bedroom. Perfect layout! He never heard me. :)

The room was very clean, but being on chemo, I don't take chances and ran around the room with Lysol spray.

Breakfast was really good. We've stayed at a lot of "breakfast included" hotels, and this one is really clean and nice. Good selection of food, including eggs,pancakes and sausage, and awesome cinnamon buns. There was a staff member continuously cleaning and restocking. Wonderfully bright and clean room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CyberJay
Gananoque, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We read countless reviews on our road trip to Kitchener and decided to try this hotel. We were greeted warmly by the front desk clerk, our room was large, very clean bathroom, nice linens, and bed was comfortable. Microwave and fridge was an added bonus, as we like to bring food on road trips to accommodate gluten free requirements. The Breakfast Bar room was bright, nice decor and clean and very roomy. The complimetary breakfast, offered the typical choices for the average diner. I am not the average diner with my requirement for gluten free. Upon inquiry with the lovely hostess, Heather, I learned she keeps gluten free cereal in the cupboard and gluten free bread in the freezer! She quickly also produced her binder outlining the product list for items in the breakfast bar! Heather you are a gem to the gluten free traveller. I travel with my own toaster. They do not have a dedicated gluten free toaster today but I expect they probably will after my mention of it to Heather as she is the type of employee who you can tell truly cares about a traveller's experience. Thanks to all who work to keep this hotel to the standard it is!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marenoon
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on the weekend of October 12th with my boyfriend. He was having a golf weekend and I was tagging along. It was a pretty average stay. The bathrooms were great, extremely clean and well lit, great water pressure. The room itself was small and the beds were a little less soft than I normally like, but that's personal taste. They were modern and attractive. My only complaint is, that the TV was kind of prehistoric. I was suprised to find a larger "tube" tv with just a modern room. Its not a very expensive upgrade and would have made a big difference for me. I also used the gym which was nice and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. It was probably a bit above average.

1 Thank kerrijane123
Gananoque
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Nice hotel and the Staff very proffessional
My wife and I stayed in the Jucuzzi King Suite
Would definately return

• 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Atlantic City, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Spent 2 nights recently at this hotel. I cannot say enough good about it. The room was large and had a 2 person jacuzzi, a fireplace and living room area and a separate room with a king size bed and closet. The room was CLEAN, comfortable and was well stocked with necessities. The Gananoque boat ride was well worth it and if you are anywhere near the Skydeck the views from the top are amazing! Would definitely go back and would spend more time exploring the area.

Room Tip: we were on the 3rd floor facing the front in a jacuzzi suite. For the money that is the way to go.
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gananoque
Comfort Inn & Suites Thousand Islands Harbour District
Country Squire Resort & Spa
Ramada Gananoque Provincial Inn
Quality Inn & Suites 1000 Islands
Howard Johnson Inn Gananoque

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Gananoque? Share your experiences!