We were sight seeing at Alexandria Bay and the Thousand Islands and I wanted to take the kids into Canada for a night so decided to book at this Best Western. I waffled between a few different hotels and decided on this because of the Best Western brand name, close proximity to Alex Bay area and also because they had a indoor pool. Hotels with indoor pools are not as easy to find as you may think in the Alex Bay / Gananoque area. The check-in agent was very friendly. The room we had came with 2 double beds, was clean and worked well for our one night stay. The hotel was actually a lot larger than I expected with an exercise room and banquet and meeting rooms. The mini-fridge we got didn't have a freezer section (found that odd since they all usually seem to have one) . Because we couldn't refreeze our cooler ice packs, I needed ice for our cooler, but the ice machine near our room didn't work so I had to walk across to the other side of the hotel to get ice. The kids were expecting to take a dip in the pool in the evening but the indoor pool was closed due to some maintenance issue while we were there, very dissapointing since that was a major reason I selected this hotel. Outdoor pool seemed cold in the evening so no one did any swimming. The other thing I noticed was that the sign indicated the pools were salt water. The room rate included breakfast so the next morning we ate at the attached restaurant - Good Time Charlies. The 'free' hot breakfast included scrambled eggs, bacon, juice, coffee served by a waitress, nicer than a standard buffet. Was perfect for us (2 adult, 2 children) and the staff was very accomodating to us since one of my children has food allergies. The hotel was nice and I would stay again. I can not give it more than an average rating for this stay however, since the ice machine was broken and the pool was closed for maintenance issues. An additional note, the drive from Alex Bay to Gananogue was much longer than I anticipated. I expected 20-25 minutes, but it took about 45 minutes. The actual driving distance was longer than I expected, plus the wait in line for the customs check at the US/CA border crossing was longer than I expected. However, the drive across the Thousand Islands Bridge was worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at this Gananoque hotel and enjoy a host of convenient amenities while traveling in Ontario, Canada. Country Squire Resort & Spa is conveniently located to Highway 401, Highway 2, and Thousand Islands Parkway with easy access to key area attractions and business locations. Visitors will be just a short drive from OLG 1000 Islands Casino, Thousand Islands Playhouse, Boldt Castle and scenic boat tours of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Priceline, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Squire Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Country Squire Hotel Gananoque
- Best Western Gananoque
- Gananoque Best Western
- Country Squire Resort & Spa Gananoque, Ontario, Canada