“Go across the street to quality inn!!”

Country Squire Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Gananoque
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

We pulled into this hotel after traveling for hours from Saskatchewan. I booked over the phone and the guy said he would NOT honor the expedia rate. He came within 5$. We pulled up to the door and there was a sign saying they were 'doing security rounds and would be back shortly'. We waited thirty mins! In the meantime I called Custer service who called the front desk and spoke with the man working. The man working the front desk HUNG UP on the best western phone rep..who then hung up on me. When he finally let us in my wife went to check in and the man proceeded to chastise her for calling Custer service on him. I again spoke with Kimberly at the best western 800 number who said she would love to help but was in reservations...she did however go out of her way to e mail me the customer service number and asked that I please call it in the morning. We could tell she cared. That was nice. We got into our room which was ice cold....and EVERYTHING from the tv to the lamps and coffee maker was unplugged. We had to move furniture to get a lamp turned on. The next morning I called customer service who helped rectify the experience but we will certainly be looking at other options in the future and recommend you do the same!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mellissa M
GroupsalesGananoque, Front Office Manager at Country Squire Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

There was a reply submitted to your review , but I now noticed today that our response did not appear on Trip Adisor.
I wanted you to be aware that your concerns were dealt with. Our apologies for
any inconvenience our security personnel gave you and your wife. Upon check out I reviewed
with her all the mishappenings that took place the evening you arrived. I also refunded your room.
Once again our sincere apologies for not striving to exceed in customer service.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Been coming here for years now for R&R and they never let me down. The rates are excellent and the staff goes over the moon for you. Rooms are well kept - especially off season and knowing what they do through in the summer months, I bet t hey are feeling the R&R also.Cousins has been tranformed into a very nice looking bar/restraunt , just went in for drinks. Great Breakfast, the lady in the breakfast room (I didn't get her name) was very helpful and you could tell she really enjoyed her job . Thanks again Country Squire =, Your the BEST

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
GroupsalesGananoque, Front Desk Supervisor at Country Squire Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear Deb9088,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Country Squire Resort. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you are one of our valued customers, we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continuously meet your expectations and give you the best experience possible.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Stayed in Gananoque for a couple days and found the Best Western. Included in our package were two vouchers for $15 in game play at the local casino, a bottle of wine, and hot breakfasts - plus a HUGE room on the ground floor - all for just *price too low to put here*! Ask for the Stay & Play package - well worth it!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
GroupsalesGananoque, Front Desk Supervisor at Country Squire Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear Adam G6,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Country Squire Resort. I was pleased to read your comments and am very happy you had such a wonderful stay with us. We value your feedback as it allows us to provide the best experience possible for each guest.

We hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

hiiii recently we spent our long weekend at gnanoque .wow I really enjoyed there . I stayed at best western . M glad that I choose this motel for my stay as it has many amenities . I would just like to say that hot breakfast served was so good. My room was so so clean . As m not so fond of swimming but I liked hot tub . Nice place to enjoy . If I would come next time I will definitely stay in this hotel .

Room Tip: I would really say that u should chose a room near to breakfast room as it is a long way to go to
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
GroupsalesGananoque, Front Desk Supervisor at Country Squire Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Vish P,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Country Squire Resort. I was very happy to read your kind comments, and I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting Gananoque. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to improve and provide the best experience possible for every guest.

We value you as a customer and hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Large, clean and comfortable rooms, with comfortable beds and pillows. Friendly desk staff on check-in - was given an upgrade in my room. My room even had a screened in porch looking onto the courtyard - nice in the summer, but not in November when I was there.
Good location. Restaurant OK - food good, but it's really a sports bar. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing into the courtyard rather than facing outside.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
GroupsalesGananoque, Front Desk Representative at Country Squire Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear K M W,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Country Squire Resort. I was happy to read your comments about our hotel. As we strive to give each guest the best possible experience, we appreciate your feedback. With your feedback we are able to improve and make necessary changes so that we are able to ensure that each guest is satisfied with their stay.

We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Truly, this is an aging dive that merited "poor" if the staff wasn't so nice. $80 a night is more appropriate a price for this place, but I think it was between 120 and 150 to stay there.
Carpeted, echoing wooden floored hallways that would rival english garden hedge mazes; very confusing finding anything. Room was, however, quite large and clean. No complaints there. Worst part by far was the music at the Restaurant. Great Wings and Nachos, 1st rate for sure. But after it became obvious it was going to be a non-stop country bumpkin-fest, rather than tear my ears out with a fork, I thought it would make more sense to wrap up my meal and finish it in my room. My ears thanked me, if you were concerned.
I may have to return to Gananoque, but it will be to that new Holiday Inn Express next door if I do.

Room Tip: the breakfast that's included is a typical joke. all carbs: waffle iron, cupcakes/muffins, toast...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Country Squire Resort. We have advised your restaurant of your comments and the managers apologize. The policy for dinner guests is a verbal comment that there is a live band playing in the restaurant, so that each guest is aware of a noisy dinner atmosphere. We apologize if you did not receive this warning. Throughout the winter months we will continue to update and upgrade the hotel to help improve each guests satisfaction with our hotel. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continuously provide the best experience possible for each guest.

We hope that you will visit us again so we can show you our new improvements and that we take your comments and concerns very seriously.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Our stay here was absolutely wonderful. The staff made it all great. There was everything we needed. The staff were very helpful when it came to going shopping for all our needs. The breakfast was great, they took the food guide into great consideration.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Best Western Country Squire Resort. We are happy to hear of your experience while staying with us. We strive in providing our guests with the best service and appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continuously provide the best experience possible for each guest.

We hope to see you in the future!