Had a stop over in Gananoque. Wanted to go to the Holiday Inn Express (since I had stayed there before and liked it), but the Holiday Inn was booked.
The Best Western is next door. It isn't a new "motel", but it looks clean from the outside. We shopped around the few hotels that were on the strip, and decided to go with Best Western because they offered a decent free breakfast, and the rate was one of the cheapest at $119.00/night for two double beds.
The room was stuffy, and the decor looked outdated. Thou, it was clean. I would have thought $79.99 was more realistic of a price for the night, than the $119.00 we paid.
We had the window air conditioner on all night, and was it ever noisy.
There is a pool, tennis court, and a large area at the back of the motel were children can play. At a glance, the property itself has a lot to offer.
As mentioned, we were there for the night and the price for the room was $120.00, which for what it was should have been $80.00.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at this Gananoque hotel and enjoy a host of convenient amenities while traveling in Ontario, Canada. Country Squire Resort & Spa is conveniently located to Highway 401, Highway 2, and Thousand Islands Parkway with easy access to key area attractions and business locations. Visitors will be just a short drive from OLG 1000 Islands Casino, Thousand Islands Playhouse, Boldt Castle and scenic boat tours of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Country Squire Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Country Squire Hotel Gananoque
- Best Western Gananoque
- Gananoque Best Western
- Country Squire Resort & Spa Gananoque, Ontario, Canada