“What a wonderful place to visit”

Country Squire Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Gananoque
Reviewed April 8, 2011

My wife and I would like to thank all the staff for turning our stay from a routine one to one we will always remember. Everyone was so pleasant and helpful and were willing to go out of their way to accommodate our special needs.
I would recommend this motel enequivocally.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lanhol
GroupsalesGananoque, General Manager at Country Squire Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2011

Dear Lanny:

Let me start by thanking you for completing TripAdvisor Survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 613-382-3511 ext 128.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Nishan De Silva
BEST WESTERN Country Squire Resort

Reviewed March 21, 2011

The service was superb.
The room was very spacious and I loved that there was an additional addition to the side of the room like a sun room.
Great location
I was surprised with the pool/steam room. I booked this hotel specifically for the steam room, but it was under construction at the time.
There was an unbearable smell coming from the aerobics room so we didn't bother going swimming in the pool or hot tub.
The Breakfast was amazing but not a huge selection for breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank mimimoura
Reviewed March 16, 2011

For the past 10 years we have been holding our annual "lake" reunion at this resort and I have to say that this was the best year ever. The new management have done an amazing job of improving the service and are so friendly. Any request we made was no problem and they could not have been more accommodating. From the start...organizing our event back in January and booking the rooms and banquet hall with Nishan, and then upon our arrival... Amanda at the front desk, Vic the maintenance man, who even helped us decorate the hall, and Raj (I hoped I spelled your name correctly) who seemed to be everywhere ensuring things were operating as they should and always smiling, and many others as well, made our stay a time to remember.

Rooms - are spacious and have been updated with a very nice back door walk-out to an outdoor sitting area. If your room does not have a fridge/microwave all you have to do is ask and it will arrive within 5 minutes. Beds are very comfortable and cleaning staff do an excellent job of maintaining the room and bathrooms.

Restaurant on Site - Good Time Charly's - A full breakfast buffet is included with your room charge and is served hot and constantly replenished. We were a large group and the waitresses did an excellent job of serving drinks, etc and clearning tables. A full service menu is also available. Many flat screen tv's to view your favourite sporting event.

Indoor Pool/Hot Tub - Very nice and well maintained. There is also an outdoor pool which, of course, was not operational during this time of year (March).

Location - the hotel is well located within walking distance to a grocery store, pharmacy, Tim's, McDonald's, Beer Store, etc. and only a few minutes drive to the casino and waterfront.

Spa - Squash & Health Club - are also available.

Oliver's Banquet Hall - was the perfect venue to host our Friday and Saturday night get-togethers. The hall was equipped with two large LCD TV's w/satellite, two pool tables, and state of the art karaoke machine which was enjoyed by all.

We cannot thank everyone enough at the Country Squire for making our stay one of the best yet and we look forward to holding our reunion there next year.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank Hola!
Reviewed November 26, 2010

Arrived in Gananoque on Tuesday, August 31st via the beautiful 1000 Islands Parkway.

We were given these spacious clean and updated rooms with balconies (at ground level), where we could sit out and enjoy this great property as we had our pre-dinner drinks. The staff was very helpful in providing us with extra chairs etc and any other items we needed.

We proceeded to have dinner at the BW restaurant and were very pleased with the meal and the service. Breakfast was also very well done and very generous as we prepared to head out on our planned boat tour of Boldt Castle.
Although our stay was short, we were very pleased with everything and had a great time.
This resort style BW is not something you experience every day, so we will definitely recommend the Country Squire to our friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank bw-waba
Reviewed November 7, 2010

My wife and I decided to get away on a small one night trip away from the kids for our anniversary. When I got to the hotel to check in I very mistakenly started to get nervous because there was a customer before me at the counter who was complaining about a mistake in his bill. At first I thought by the way he was talking that I was booking into something bad, however after a while I realized that I had nothing to worry about and that the staff were really nice trying to help him (he just was not nice back). The mistake was something that could happen anywhere and they were appologetic. I think he was just looking for freebies and making something so small seem so big (they did treat it as if this was a big problem, to accommodate his feelings). Well they were great handling that and booking us in. They were extremely nice and actually interested in our stay there. So much so that they figured it was our honey moon and sent a bottle of wine to our room (I was not going to tell them, because I sometimes hate the attention). Now we had a suite with a tub in it, not the biggest suite I have seen, but it was clean, cozy and had what I wanted. Everything around the hotel was in good order and comfortable (I did go to the pool and hot tub and it was perfect if not better for that style of hotel and price). The breakfast was very good for being part of the hotel cost (not just some cereals, old breads and juice. It was a full spread). I did some good research for the area to make sure I had a good place for my wife and I, as this was a well deserved break/ anniversary. I made the best all round choice (quality, price, service). I would recommend this hotel again to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 4soon2b5
Reviewed October 15, 2010

We had great service and staff was always willing to assist. My kids loved swimming pool & food. They have both indoor & outdoor swimming pool, hot tub, gym. Excellent food at very very low price. We had a great time & will recommend to friends & family.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank karman95
Reviewed October 9, 2010

This was my third Best Western this year (2 other were in Quebec City, QC and Boston, MA). And as always - not promising first impression, but really good stay.
The receptionist wasn't too friendly, but answered our questions and helped with a map.
Pretty big and clean room, 2 comfortable beds. We enjoyed jacuzzi and pool. We booked cruise for the next day, got some vouchers for casino from hotel + from cruise tickets, and had fun (and some luck!) there. Breakfast in a local restaurant was good (included), however we didn't like the dinner there at all, better try some other place.
Price was somehow hight (120?), but probably average for this small city with lots of tourists and not so much accommodations.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple