Watermark Restaurant at The Gananoque Inn
Ranked #9 of 49 Restaurants in Gananoque
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Using local ingredients where ever possible our talented chef creates regionally-inspired seasonal menus for Watermark Restaurant. We believe in using quality ingredients including fresh herbs harvested daily from our on-site garden. Watermark Restaurant also features international vintages and a large selection of Ontario VQA Wines from Prince Edward County and the Niagara District. In addition, the restaurant's waterfront terrace boasts one of the best views in the 1000 Islands region, making it the ideal place to enjoy expertly prepared fare.
Kingston, Canada
“So-so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

My family went here for lunch after a very sad occasion and wanted something nice.
It was a cold summer day so had to be inside otherwise the view would have been lovely.
The food was mediocre, especially my fish and chips, and it was very noisy, service was ok.
This is not the only restaurant near the river as one reviewer commented. Look around.

Ottawa, Canada
“Delicious, excellent service, great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

We started with the seafood chowder, and it was superb. The main courses were very good as well, although the choices were a little limited. We had one dessert to share, and coffee.. and we were served in lots of time to make it to the Thousand Islands Playhouse presentation. Great location!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Elsie R
montreal, Que.
“i've been gouged”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

ok so it's got a nice view. that doesn't make up for a mediocre high price dinner. would have been half price and twice as good in any diner in Montreal. plus to charge me $3.00 for an ordinary bread roll!.
never in my life have I been charged for bread! There are much better restaurants in Gananoque.

1 Thank marta_pierre
“Nice view”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband and I had dinner on the deck. Great view and sunshine. Our waitress was Very attentive and extremely pleasant. As far as the meal, I had an open face steak sandwich which was to be medium. Over done and crispy. It was very thin so medium would be waving over the coals. I did receive a free dessert for compensation of my meal. My husband had fried haddock which was ok. This would not be my choice the next time in gananoque.

1 Thank Nursemate001
Kingston, Canada
“Good Restaurant with lovely view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2014

Every 3 or 4 months my friends and I go from Kingston to Gananoque to the 1000 island playhouse for a performance. Before attending the play, we always go for a nice meal. This day was no exception.It started off on the wrong foot as we had reserved but they could not find our reservation, but the lady straight away said that it would not be a problem. We sat inside to take full advantage of the AC. It was warm outside.
We were asked if we wanted drinks and we had one. We were given the menu. It is a one page menu which does not surprise me given the time of the year when you can do something really spectacular when you specialize. We advised our waitress that we were attending the play which was 2 hours later. She immediately said that it is good that we told her since the kitchen is a little slow. I did not understand that statement until later.
We were served our drinks and then about 20 mins later bread (a Vienna Loaf) was placed on the table (something like East Side Mario does). After 40 mins, we asked if we can have some more bread which they obliged. If was 50 mins later that we got our meal. I regret not taking a picture as the presentation was really good. The chef would not have been chopped from my perspective.Three of us had the AAA Beef Sirloin ($22) and my other friend had the salmon. It was great.
With 20 mins until show time, we asked for two bills. On my bill I was surprised to find that the I was charged for the two Vienna Loaf's (that is how I know what the bread was called). They charged me $3 each loaf. I immediately addressed the issue with the waitress (not for the $6 but for the principle of the issue). In Europe I never eat bread when it is placed on the table or if I do, I ask them how much is it going to be. In Canada, we expect this sort of "extra" service (since it takes nearly an hour to serve the patrons), as a nice gesture...until you get the bill.
Would I go back? No. The food was good but the service was slow and they nickle and dime you for little things.

2 Thank Pierre_Kingston