“Spelling Bee”

Thousand Islands Playhouse
Ranked #1 of 39 things to do in Gananoque
More attraction details
Owner description: The most scenic theatre in Canada, the Thousand Islands Playhouse has two theatres on the banks of the St. Lawrence River, halfway between Toronto and Montreal, Canada. Featuring the longest decks in the region, The Springer Theatre is an intimate air conditioned vintage "canoe club" - and seats 360 with proscenium style seating. The Firehall Theatre is a heritage building with flexible seating open to innovative staging.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

very enjoyable. Visited with my family (8 & 11) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great theatre clost to the town.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Attended the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee and had a wonderful evening, cast were professional and talented. Lovely theater with brilliant photos prior to the show, watching the sun set over the lake. A cozy theater yet enough of a crowd for a great atmosphere. Thoroughly recommended, a must visit!

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

If you are in Gananoque, you can't skip the Playhouse. We saw the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee and applaud all the actors and everyone involved in putting the production together! Casual and relaxed theatre atmosphere. Reasonably priced.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I attended The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee and thoroughly enjoyed it. The actors were wonderful and the theatre is cozy and intimate. On my next visit to Gananoque, the 1000 Islands Playhouse will form part of that trip.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband took me on an overnight couples getaway to the Gananoque Inn and Spa with tickets to the Thousand Islands Playhouse as part of the package. This was our first trip to this area other than passing through. We saw The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee and I wasn't sure what to expect as we don't normally go to local theatre and I was beyond impressed with the quality of both the show and the actors (all were over the top amazing !!). The theatre itself is a perfect size, and from what we could tell, no bad seating in the house. I probably would have not picked that title/show but am very glad my husband did.
We are already planning a return visit to the Playhouse in possibly September and will have my parents from Ottawa area meet up with us and introduce them to the theatre.