“cozy” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Gananoque
Cornwall, Canada
“cozy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

Good prices, nice cozy rooms. I love staying here when visiting Gananoque. Closest to the casino too

Room Tip: the free breakfast coupon is inserted in with the room keys. breakfast service is very disorganized...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Markham, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

We booked this place the night before arriving. Should have checked closer. We checked in at 2 pm and were checked out by 2:50 pm. The room was musty smelling and there was mold in the bathroom. You could see they had painted over it. That's not even the worst. BUGS!
There were numerous flies and mosquitos in the room but the cockroach on the inside of the big front window did it for us. Must admit though, the staff at the front desk were very accomodating and we got a full refund. Ended up getting a room at another hotel that we have been to many times so the weekend was not lost.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank markhamite
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

My wife and I stopped in late on a Sunday night. We got a large, quiet motel room that was clean, spacious and comfortable. A bacon and egg breakfast at the attached restaurant was included. Great value for $.

Costa Mesa, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

I would give this place a big, fat zero if I could though I haven't even stayed a night here, and I'll tell you why, I couldn't get that far due to how truly inhospitable and discourteous the staff was on the phone.

I booked a room two weeks ago and never received an email conformation. I called today to inquire about it whereupon I had the great misfortune of engaging the rudest desk clerk ever to be encountered. I won't hold you up with a word by word account but here's one quote from that phone call " I'll send it to you when I've got the time. I'm busy." And then a curt goodby.

I gave it three hours and still not having received the e-mail (mind you, I'm busy as well and just want to get on with having myself organized.) I called back. Again I got the same hostile woman on the phone, Crystal. Great. My luck holds true.

I politely asked -as if walking on eggshells- about the email confirmation.
"I sent it to you." Rude response, check. Rude tone, check. Nothing changes with this woman in three hours time.

"No," I say, looking at my email box, "I did not get it." By her account this was entirely my fault. Now she's blaming me for not getting the email? Wow! According to her I gave her the wrong e-mail address.
Huh, yeah okay, it's more likely I don't know my own email rather than her not taking the time to write it down correctly, or caring to.

From there she did her best to further pull me into her world of unhappiness and need to release her anger on someone. It was ludicrous. I told her I really wasn't interested in getting into a fight I would just like to have my e-mail confirmation. Still, she kept tugging. Eventually I untangled myself from her tornado of negativity and got off the phone. I thought on it for two minutes and decided to just cancel. Who needs this kind of unpleasantness when going on vacation? I could get this at work.

I called back seconds later only to get more of the same treatment from the manager. He defended this employee saying, "Crystal is the best employee we have."

Now that's a truly laughable pronouncement. I told him that claim does nothing to sell anyone on coming there. If that's your best...? He also stated she never took the first call as she wasn't there. He was obviously lying for her. He gets MVP as team player in the game of treat the customer like dirt. There was never any denial on her part that she took the call.

Vacationer beware, he too attempted to engage me in a bout of bickering. Negativity rains triumphant at the Ramada Provincial Inn. Not my thing. All I want is a simple e-mail people. Forget it. I cancel out.

Not so ironically, that email, the one to cancel, came within seconds.
Apparently, what they do have time for is arguing and scaring away customers but not actually doing their job.

To sum it up people, unless you're into sadism, run for just about any hotel other than this one in Gananoque. The staff on this payroll doesn't deserve one penny of your hard earned vacation money which they can go out and have a good time on it when they are off the clock.

One huge long BOOOOO for the Ramada Provincial Inn.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank SunshineHoneyBug
OTTAWA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stayed here for the Labour Day weekend. The rooms are dated with furnishings from the 80"s , but they were clean and comfortable. Air Conditioning worked great. We liked the fact that you drive right to your door, no evevators or luggage carts to load. This hotel was built in 1950 and the pool is huge, it measures about 100 ft long. Staff were friendly on the desk and extended a senior rate to us for both the days. The rate included a full breakfast of scrambled eggs, choice of sausage or bacon, toast (white, whole wheat or rye) and many refills of coffee or tea. Wait staff were friendly also. We would stay here again, because the rates were great.

Room Tip: In the summer months I would ask for a room closer to the pool area. This place is spread out on 10...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed 3 nights, just to get a break from the city and also to spend quality time with the family before school reopens, the place is nicely located and the staff are friendly, service was great, no complains. Will definetly return.

Room Tip: all rooms are great,
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Ottawa, CAN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

I called the Inn on Fri afternoon (Sept 9) to book for that night (only night avail, as full Sat night) - and got a room for 2, with 2 double beds, for under $90. It was a large room, clean, aired, quiet, coffee maker, small fridge, lots of towels. And the closest one to the casino - which made my husband happy. We both had really good sleeps - husband still coughing from a bad cold, but I didn't hear a thing!! Hope the neighbours didn't either. Hot breakfast included, in the restaurant - scrambled eggs, sausage or bacon, toast, potatoes, coffee; but juices extra. Outdoor pool, large and clean. Definitely will stay there again.

Room Tip: be sure to mention CAA or AAA or being a senior to get any discounts