Travelodge Gananoque
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Gateway Motel(Gananoque)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskbeautiful poolroom was cleanmini puttsliding doorgreat ratefridge and microwavewould stay againoff the highwaygreat roomlots of parkingeasy accessboat cruisegreat place to stayconvenient locationfresh fruitcasino
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was there from july 23rd to the 25th 2013, I was nicely greeted by a lovely lady, she was very nice.
I had a very nice clean room with a bathtub with jets, lovely after a long day.
The rooms need a little remodeling but besides that it was a very nice place to stay and I will go back there again, and hope they have the same staff.

Room Tip: There are rooms close to the pool if you have a nack for swimming, theres a mini-put next door and close to almost anything. From LCBY to 2 pharmacies, Canadian Tire etc....Not many family restaurants unfortunetly, I went to Bravo's food is very good, McDonalds, Tim Horton's a few bar's and Grill but not family oriented. If anyone has any money to invest in a summer resort area open a family restaurant...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We took the kids to stay in the Thousand Islands and to go for a boat tour and visit to Old Fort Henry. I did when I was a kid. We had a room with a door out onto the pool. It was very hot outside when we went there and with the kids wanting to be in the pool all time it was great to have that room beside it. there was not a place to eat breakfast in the lobby so we took it to the pool. It was really nice. Hope to go back again. I will stay here again next time

Room Tip: ask for the rooms by the pool
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jack R
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel is very run down, outdated and in desperate need of updates.
Be very careful and watch your step when walking on the decking, you may fall through!
I had a "suite" which had a gigantic whirlpool tub - didn't use it. The shower was so small I could barely turn around in it!
The bed sheets were thread bare, carpets were stained and the windows/patio doors were so old I could barely see through them.
I was very, very disappointed in this Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a "good" room anywhere at this hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ticoca
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The room was in bad need of an upgrade. There was mold around the rear patio door. The continental breakfast was a trip to the small office to pick up a coffee & muffin or toast on a tray & carry it back to the room. I don't usually comment on negative stays, but feel that the travelling public should be aware so they can go elseware.

Art & Dorothy J

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ART J
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was a 'drop in' at the Comfort Inn in Gananoque. I asked when I checked in if there was Wifi access I was told yes. But the person seemed unsure. I had problems getting into the internet-so I went back to the office several times . Eventually I was told that I could use Holiday Inn's info and access thru that. That seemed to work for awhile. But before I had time to do what i had to do/wanted to do- i could not access the system yet again. Another trip to the office and was told that I could go to the Holiday Inn which was directly in front of my room. The front desk person said that the Holiday Inn had a nice seating area and so on and so forth. I told her that I was not interested in going to the Holiday Inn. I just wish that she had been honest when I first arrived and asked about Wifi. That would have been preferable to what happened. I had said initially that I needed Wifi in order to book my trip which was unbooked and that I was going to be in two locations after Gananoque.
Also, the toilet ran constantly and I had to jiggle the handle. Finally, the jiggling did not work and I had to take the back off. THe 'whatever' had become disconnected.
When I checked out today-I complained about the internet situation and the person on duty said that their website does not state that they have Wifi. But I said that I was a drop in and didn't know that. I wished that I had been more sceptical of the initial front desk person's story about internet.
I will be contacting Comfort Inn.
p.s. When I first got there -she assigned me to a more isolated room. I thought that there maybe construction workers living in that stretch due to hibachis etc. So I asked for another room. I got a larher room with a bed anf couch! lso, a nice touch was a deck on the back of the rooms-it was one long deck without any breaks-but was a good place to sit and enjoy the sun.

Room Tip: It's right off the 1000 Island parkway-but make sure that this is where you want to stay.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo