“Undependable internet was a huge problem.”

Travelodge Gananoque
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Gananoque
Toronto, Canada
“Undependable internet was a huge problem.”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was a 'drop in' at the Comfort Inn in Gananoque. I asked when I checked in if there was Wifi access I was told yes. But the person seemed unsure. I had problems getting into the internet-so I went back to the office several times . Eventually I was told that I could use Holiday Inn's info and access thru that. That seemed to work for awhile. But before I had time to do what i had to do/wanted to do- i could not access the system yet again. Another trip to the office and was told that I could go to the Holiday Inn which was directly in front of my room. The front desk person said that the Holiday Inn had a nice seating area and so on and so forth. I told her that I was not interested in going to the Holiday Inn. I just wish that she had been honest when I first arrived and asked about Wifi. That would have been preferable to what happened. I had said initially that I needed Wifi in order to book my trip which was unbooked and that I was going to be in two locations after Gananoque.
Also, the toilet ran constantly and I had to jiggle the handle. Finally, the jiggling did not work and I had to take the back off. THe 'whatever' had become disconnected.
When I checked out today-I complained about the internet situation and the person on duty said that their website does not state that they have Wifi. But I said that I was a drop in and didn't know that. I wished that I had been more sceptical of the initial front desk person's story about internet.
I will be contacting Comfort Inn.
p.s. When I first got there -she assigned me to a more isolated room. I thought that there maybe construction workers living in that stretch due to hibachis etc. So I asked for another room. I got a larher room with a bed anf couch! lso, a nice touch was a deck on the back of the rooms-it was one long deck without any breaks-but was a good place to sit and enjoy the sun.

Room Tip: It's right off the 1000 Island parkway-but make sure that this is where you want to stay.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank pnicol

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Concord, Nc
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The room was spacious and clean but it really needs to be updated. Everything is worn out. The bed was comfortable and it would be a beautiful place if updated. There was a very small place for breakfast but we were sent to the Best Western located directly behind the Comfort Inn for breakfast. It was great with a buffet and hot food. I don't know how long they have been doing this but it was great. The air conditioner in our room sounded like a plane taking off. I asked the manager about it and she said they sounded like that in every room, there was nothing wrong with it and the one she had at home sounded the same way. All I can say is that she needs to get it replaced. There was an old car sitting in front of the place that had been there so long there were spider webs around the tires. I asked one of the cleaning ladies how long it had been there and she said for at least 15 yrs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Gananoque hotels

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This Comfort Inn does not live up to its standards. The room definitely needs an update, the carpet and bedding are old. Stayed here only for the points. The breakfast area is quite pathetic, no room to sit with a very limited choice. It is a high price for what you get. The only good thing was you get free $ to try their casino which made us go out and try it since we are not casino people. Gananoque is a very picturesque little town but I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rocky1895
Pulaski, New York
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We came up from home and stayed a night in Watertown on our way to the Thousand Islands. We wanted to go the casino there. We got a great room with a look out on the pool. We then stayed two extra nights. The pool was so nice and so relaxing. We could not have asked for a better stay. We even won a few bucks at the casino. I will go back to this inn the next time I am back in Canada

Room Tip: Go for the rooms by the pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Likely a motel converted, some time ago, to a Comfort Inn. Our queen room was not too big, not too small, very clean. Hotel has a wooden deck with chairs along back of all ground floor rooms. Nice pool also with new lounge chairs. Breakfast similar to most other Comfort Inns except there are no waffles. Also, there is no eating area, so you must bring it back to your room. We ate on the deck just outside our room. Management should find another location for staff to smoke as we had to scurry through the short hallway they use between the two buildings a few times during our two-night stay.

Room Tip: Room 115 is the only room in the back and surely most quiet of them all.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
NY
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Used choice points for a free room while fishing the 1000 islands by myself. I just wanted a clean place to sleep. The first room I was given had moths fluttering around inside, and reddish ants walking by the window and furniture. The lady at the front desk was very friendly, and probably the reason I am not giving only 1 star. She changed me to an upstairs room. That room was clean. The air conditioning however put out no cold air. I switched it to every possible setting, just blew warm air. It was a very hot summer day, and so it made sleep very unpleasant in a very hot room. In summary, the first room had way too many creatures already in the room, the second room as really hot, the front desk was friendly, and I would have been furious had I paid for a room at that comfort inn. Had I been with my wife nd kids I wouldn't have stayed. I found this to be well below what I expect from comfort inns, which is at least clean safe places to sleep although not fancy. Also, I have stayed at all 3 adjacent hotels...the holiday inn express behind, best western next to, and ramada across the street, and all 3 are clearly nicer. Sorry to write this, it is a rare poor review from me. I hope they do better in the future.

Room Tip: The provincial across the street has a nice restaurant that is like a 1000 islands museum. Great bre...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank doclorenzo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2012

After checking out the hotels along King St E, we decided on the Comfort Inn due to price and its outdoor pool. This is a very basic, no frills hotel, but the room was clean. The outdoor pool is perfect for young children. We had a room that opened onto it so we could just go out our sliding door and walk down the deck to the pool gate. The pool is only 3 feet deep in the shallow end and my 4 year old loved it. The continental breakfast was limited, but did include cereal, muffins, bagels, toast, hardboiled eggs, coffee and juice. Staff was friendly, although the woman at the desk the day we left was pretty surly. I think she was having a bad day so I won't say much more about that!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family