“Great staff & Great location!”

Travelodge Gananoque
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Gananoque
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I visit Gananoque a few times every summer to visit friends and I always stay at the Comfort Inn. The rates are fair, the rooms are clean and the staff are fantastic. Although I visit frequently I still need help with directions and ideas for new things to do, they have always offered ample help and are very friendly! My most recent trip was no different :) See you all next summer!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank uognb

Reviewed September 8, 2011

This hotel is one of the best my family and i have stayed in; in along time. It gave us the relaxing environment we were looking for. It felt like a home away from home. We had a room with 2 large beds, over looking the pool. It was very clean and well kept. There was lots of walking room, a large desk for my laptop. fridge and microwave were very handy for the food we purchased at the local stores. Wow, everything we wanted was all within walking distance. even the beach. Although I admit we spent most of our time lazing by the well kept private pool. We spent another day on the beautiful river, enjoying a 2.5 hr cruise then kayaking in the afternoon. We enjoyed an awesome dinner at the Lobster Trap Restaurant, that night
On our last day we decided to be adventurest and try something different so we went horse back trail riding then spent the afternoon in Kingston visiting Old Fort henry and shopping. This was our first time here and must say, I felt so relaxed, and 10 years younger when I returned home. Looking forward to next year . We are already making plans on what things we can do, and have already booked our room for next July, 2012.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank c c
Reviewed August 21, 2011

very shabby room, paid 200 + tax for a two room suite, room was really small the lamp shades were falling appart, dusty, the a/c did not cool the room out...very noisy...the jacuzzi tub had broken tiles and i ended up scratching up my leg on a very sharp edge...the shower had broken tiles..."deluxe contanental breakfast..please low end store bought pastries and second rate coffee... the only upside was the very freindly people at reception. for such a large chain very surprising that this was so shabby...

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I suggest to everyone NOT to stay at Comfort Inn in Gananoque, ON, it is dirty, dirty and dirty.
The room by the pool is very small, and if you sit outside your room you have to look at dead bugs and cobwebs all around you.
My one year old daughter found a deodorant stick under a table and shoved it in her mouth!...how discusting is that???
I tried to compromise with them to give us a bigger room and also to do something with the rate!...we paid $200.00 for one night! I call it a cockroach hotel!
DO NOT TRY TO COMPROMISE THEY WILL NOT DO ANYTHING FOR YOU!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Within walking distance to the casino. Also close to the ice cream and mini-put,also bike rental. Have a great time .

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marylewis59
Reviewed July 23, 2011

My husband and I love to come and spend the weekend at this hotel a couple of times each summer. We live about a half hour from Gananoque, so we like to come in to town and enjoy the beautiful pool and have dinner at the Lobster Trap Restaurant, only a 5 minute walk from the hotel. The rooms are always clean and the beds are so comfortable, I always feel so refreshed after a weekend getaway. Our favourite thing about this hotel is the poolside rooms. They have an awesome patio all the way around the hotel, and you can sit on your patio overlooking the pool. It is a small hotel, so it is never crowded or noisy. The staff at this hotel, Tina, Gary and Kerri are absolutely wonderful and always welcome us upon our return. We will continue our trips to this hotel as part of our weekend relaxation therapy.
Thanks Comfort Inn

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pamelastern
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I stayed in Gananoque unexpectedly one night this month. Never been to this area before. Hotel staff very helpful and informative. Service was excellent. Room was clean and neat. Breakfast was good. Close to all amenities and attractions in town.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo