“Second Stop of our Journey”

Quality Inn & Suites 1000 Islands
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Gananoque
Sandwich, United States
“Second Stop of our Journey”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This Quality Inn is a bit "worn"; however our room was clean and accommodating for a quick stop on our way further north into Canada. The continental breakfast was sparse. The price was a bit high for the quiet area - not sure what the "draw" is for Gananoque.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
AJessupMktn, Marketing at Quality Inn & Suites 1000 Islands, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thanks for your response! I apologize that the rate was not what expected, but we do our best to remain competitive within our market. The 1000 Islands is a busy tour destination and our rates reflect this aspect. We hope that you will return again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We recently stayed at the Quality Inn with my partners parents, although there are newer hotels in Gananoque , this motel style hotel was just great.
The rooms were clean, and it appears there are some updates taking place.(new carpet). The staff are great and provided us with great service.
The Lobster Trap restaurant , is in need of an update, as it is attached to the site.

Room Tip: Family suites are large, with separate sleeping areas
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kerry b
AJessupMktn, Marketing at Quality Inn & Suites 1000 Islands, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad you had a great stay with us and hope you return to visit soon.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and i stayed at this hotel lastweek with our toddler and the very first night my toddler got a cut on his finger from a broken bulb that was in the lamp my husband said it's could've been anyone who got hurt from the broken bulb, in the first place that shouldn't have been there.we reported it to the guy at the front desk and he apologizes and offer to take $10:0 off. We didn't care about the money we Just wanted to talk to the manager in which he wasn't in until Monday. My husband went to the front desk the next day to report the injury again and we met an old lady at the front desk who was a bit stuck up and again trying to offer us a discount again my husband told her it's not about the money he Just wants to speak to the manager to let him know How he feels. The lady then said that manager will not be in until Monday she took our phone number and said when the manager comes in he will give us a call in which he haven't done so up to now..the next thing they offer free continental breakfast are u kidding me, all that was there is some toast bread and tea very poor service for all the quality inn that we went to this one is the worst will not recommend this hotel to no one

• Stayed July 2013
AJessupMktn, Marketing at Quality Inn & Suites 1000 Islands, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize that your stay was not up to your standard. I believe that our Manager is following up on this situation and will ensure that it does not occur again. We hope you will give us another try when next you are in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Gananoque hotels

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Rooms were good, hotel staff were great except the grouchy old lady at the front desk. Breakfast was the worst I have seen (I travel a lot) so u should bring your own or make other plans. There is a restaurant on site which has great food but is somewhat dirty. An ok stay , but nothing to write home about

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank DWhite-Koprla
We apologize that the breakfast selection was not as expected. We are working to improve our facilities and breakfast options, so we hope you give us another try when travelling through Gananoque again.
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My family and I were heading to Gananoque for a one night stay and were just looking for a cheap place to sleep. This hotel was one of the cheapest that didn't look run down. Once there we realized that most of the room had been redone. New carpets, new bathroom, big tv and very comfortable beds. Staff was friendly and we would definitely stay here again if coming back.
It is a motel though, and keep in mind it's not a getaway hotel, but a place to stay when visiting. Also very close to downtown, the marina and cruise ships.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 71JeffW71
Thank you for your review of our property. It is always encouraging to have such a great review. We have indeed put in a lot of effort in remodeling our property and bringing it up to date. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you travel through the area.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stay at the Quality Choice Hotel in Montreal on Parc Ave., every time I can when I visit Montreal and I have never been disappointed. When my daughter is looking for new student accommodation during the school year (at McGill) she also stays there, and has been very satisfied. Friendly, knowledgeable and helpful staff, great service, clean and comfortable rooms. For a boutique chain, they are fantastic. I was fortunate last weekend when en route to Montreal late Saturday night, to have stumbled upon the Quality Inn & Suites (two story three building complex) on King Street West in Gananoque, Ontario. It was around midnight. I met the night clerk, Dhruv Patel, who was wonderful, even smiling at that hour, and he quickly handled my registration and even offered me information and coupons for attractions in the area. What an exemplary employee to have working for a company! I was lucky to have gotten one of the last rooms and to have had Dhruv take care of me. I asked for a shower cap and it was on the coffee table in my room before I even had a chance to park the car. Superb and clean accommodation. Reasonable price and excellent value and service. A continental breakfast and complimentary newspaper were the crowning touches in a very restful, albeit short stay. I would recommend the Quality Inn & Suites to anyone travelling in Canada. Maxine P. Toronto.

Room Tip: Any room in a great hotel is a good room!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank maxine p
Thank you for your review! It is wonderful to hear that we met your high expectations of the brand. I have passed along your compliments to our staff and they are as appreciative of your review as I am. We hope you will return to stay here again in your travels through the area.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Warm and friendly staff welcoming, luxurious suite with full amenities, heated pool was a delight for the littles ones.
Lobster Trap is a one of a kind seafood restaurant and grill, We stayed at this Inn specifically for their known 5 lbs lobsters.
Competitive rates for room, as well as thousand island tour packages.
I would definitely recommend Quality Inn & Suites in Gananoque to all!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Adel A
Thank you for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and your meal at the Lobster Trap Restaurant. We hope you will stay with us again in your future travels through the area.