We spent a lot of time evaluating places to stay in Gananoque for our two-night trip.
We decided on the Quality Inn & Suites 1000 Islands simply for the price and the jacuzzi suites available.
For our one room, king size bed, with jacuzzi tub cost us about $360 for two nights. There was also an option for smoking/non-smoking rooms.
Upon check in, we were greeted nicely and got to our room promptly. Seemed very clean and just what we needed. Told them it was a birthday, but nothing special was offered.
We were on the second level and room was very quiet, bed was very comfortable. We were sad that the fireplace pilot light wasn't on, because it was rather chilly this weekend.
Microwave, fridge and coffee were provided - however no dishes/silverware. I'm sure we could have got some from the front desk if needed.
The tiles and mirrors around the jacuzzi tub definitely need replacing. The jets were a little louder than expected!
The man had a shower the first morning and the water temperature greatly fluctuated - he said it would go from lukewarm to burning hot. So much so he had to get out of the shower because he felt it was burning his skin.
The continental breakfast was included, we missed the first morning since it ends at 10am. The second day was very quiet, and included coffee, tea, juice, english muffins, toast, cereal, and make-you-own waffles. Pretty standard run-of-the-mill, though it was free and fresh so no complaints!
We would definitely enjoy staying here again. Especially if the new management will be making upgrades!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the beautiful town of Gananoque on the St Lawrence River minutes away from the famous 1000 islands. Take a boat tour to Boldt Castle or a helicopter tour around the 1000 islands for a different perspective, each view will leave you breathless with natural beauty. To complete your evening, come eat at our newly renovated restaurant called the Wheel and Anchor. Serving a completely new menu this year that will leave you salivating for more. And cap off your night with a visit to the Shorelines 1000 Islands Casino and test your luck. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites 1000 Islands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn And Suites 1000 Islands
- Quality Inn & Suites 1000 Islands Hotel Gananoque
- Quality Inn 1000 Islands
- Quality Inn Gananoque
- Gananoque Quality Inn
- Quality Inn & Suites 1000 Islands Gananoque, Ontario, Canada