“food missing, food crushed, random wrong drinks. terrible.”
Review of Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Gananoque
Cuisines: Canadian
Description: Postal Code: K7G 1H4 Tel: (613) 382-1546 Lat. 44.3378 Long. -76.1488
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stopped here for breakfast before picking up a houseboat rental in Gananoque. I specifically wanted another fab Maple Dip donut that I'd had a few days previously at another branch of Tim Hortons.

I ordered a Maple Dip donut for myself, a blueberry muffin for my husband, and a Maple Cinnamon French Toast Specialty bagel to-go. She asked if I wanted cream cheese or anything on the bagel, I said no thanks just as it is to-go, I was planning to toast it the following morning for breakfast on the houseboat. I also ordered a medium Iced Latte, again I'd had this a few days previously and so thought I knew what I would get, and a medium Iced Coffee for my husband, he'd decided to try the Iced Coffee rather than the Iced Latte this time.

OK, so drinks first. She put one iced drink down first, and so I'd planned to ask when the second arrived which was which as I figured they'd probably look similar, however she said Iced Latte when she put the second drink down. The 'Iced Latte' was odd - it had a tonne of whip cream on the top, definitely not what we'd had a few days ago, and definitely not what is shown on the menu board and their website. It tasted really really rich and really really sickly, and I only drank maybe a quarter before putting the remainder in the bin. The Iced Coffee apparently was ''just OK''.

OK, now food. She gave me one largish bag, which apparently contained all 3 items. On sitting down I discovered the bagel missing. I was tired and cranky that morning and so couldn't be bothered to queue again to explain that I didn't have everything I'd ordered, plus the sickly drink which obviously wasn't an Iced Latte was annoying me too, so I just kept quiet. The Maple Dip donut was however was really really good again and went a long ways towards making up for everything else, but if I'm being picky some of the delicious maple glaze had come off and stuck to the blueberry muffin due to the way they were placed in the bag, so not totally brilliant. The blueberry muffin was apparently ''OK''.

This visit did put me off Tim Horton's. Food missing, food rammed in bags to get crushed, drinks totally different to the last visit and actually probably the wrong thing? However I loved the Maple Dip donut so much that I figured we'd give Tim Horton's one last go after we dropped our houseboat rental back off and before we left Canada back to the US.

Even the gorgeous Maple Dip Donut can really only go so far to salvaging this visit, and if it wasn't for the donut I'd probably class the overall score as terrible, however the donut brings it up slightly, and it so it scrapes in as poor.

1  Thank europe-chick

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Tim Hortons came as something of a revelation to us, as we visited Canada from the UK for a 3 week holiday and hadn't previously been aware of the chain. We visited several Tim Hortons in various places in Ontario during our holiday and popped into this one on King Street each morning whilst staying at the Holiday Inn Express just down the road for 3 nights. We found the staff to be very friendly and welcoming and we enjoyed our breakfasts here. I think this particular Tim Hortons is an excellent example of how a large chain really can retain its Canadian roots, provide great customer experience and consistently deliver good quality products. The only downside for us is that Tim Hortons doesn't have an established presence in the UK - I for one would welcome it to these shores, as I miss my turkey sausage breakfast sandwich and my wife misses her Timbits!

Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

My cousins introduced me to timmies on my first night in Canada and I practically lived there the rest of my two week visit loved it fresh tea and doughnuts x yumm x can't wait to find one in Scotland x

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Fresh bread and pastries. Good iced coffee. There are more of them than McDonald's so you may as well stop in.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Timmies good as usual. Had our favorite donuts (not all locations have them. Fast and efficient, even with a line.

mikeri14, Manager at Tim Hortons, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Glad we had the donuts you liked for you.