“Good golf retreat” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Gananoque
Florida
“Good golf retreat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed one night but played 2days at their course across the street. Had room 217 with balcony, overlooked beach and dock. Great view, king bed, fireplace, lousy TV with terrible reception. Very small but clean and functional bathroom. Good breakfast and very good prime rib for dinner. Golf course is very nice, all bent grass greens, tees and fairways. Very scenic and in good shape.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Golferboy18

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

We had a wonderful weekend at the Glen House. Its old world charm is evident. Grounds are well kept. The view is wonderful. The beds were some of the most comfortable we've slept on in a hotel. Our room had a mini fridge which is always handy.

Lou, the bartender, went out of his way to make sure we had a wonderful time. He recommended places for us to visit and generally treated us like family.

Our dinner waitress, Debbie, was top notch. Dining in the restaurant is very good. I was really happy with the great calibre food.

We went over to the Smugglers Cove golf course just for a quick drink - the view from paito is lovely. Next time we need to get more ambitious and bring our clubs.

We visited the SkyDeck tower on Hill Island - really worthwhile. We also went to The Ivy Restaurant for lunch - wow, great view, good food, amazing building.

I'd forgotten how truly beautiful The 1000 Islands area is. A wonderful backdrop to a laid back weekend.

We'll be sure to return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LisaN11
Syracuse
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

Although the setting is beautiful, the room was very dated. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom spartan but clean. The sliding glass door did not lock. Once the front desk was aware of it, they fixed it but the broken screen door to allow us to keep the sliding glass door open, was not repairable on our visit.There are many amenities both at the hotel and near it. At over $ 200 US, this seemed overpriced to us.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SyracuseVisitor1
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Lovely spot on the St. Lawrence with a delicious Sunday brunch (approx. $15 pp for full breakfast buffet) Our waitress, Monika, was one of the best waitresses we had the pleasure to meet. Totally recommended!

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Laura3030
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed a the resort this past week for a work event at the golf course across the street. Overall the staff were very friendly and helpful with any questions or requests that I had. I stayed in room 118. The room itself is quite large with two double size beds, a mini bar fridge, a walkout to the pool, a nice size tv. The bed was comfortable. I found that the room to be quite and I wasn't able to hear my neighbors. I knew the people on both sides of me so it was not surprising that I couldn't hear any of them as they tend to be quite. The overall appearance of the room was average. The bathrroom requires a bit of attention as there was a light burned out and the door couldn't open all of the way due to the location of the vanity. If you are a larger person you may find this a bit difficult to navigate. It apeears that the tub was recently updated with a surround and was in good condition. The water pressure (a big issue for me) was average and the water was hot (another issue for me). I did find that the shower head may require some cleaning as the spray was not straight. This is usually the sign of hard water and the need for some CLR.

I had a few drinks in the bar and breakfast the following morning. Both times the staff were friendly and provided good service. The breakfast was made to order and was quick and tasty.

Overall the location of the resort being directly across from a golf tournament that I attended for work is why the group I was travelling with stayed here. I am a priority club member and would likely drive into Kingston if I were in the area for another reason.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank stroudcrowd
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Glen house and participated in the flagsticks shoot out this weekend. The golfing was excellent. No question about it, a great course and a great time. We had a banquet dinner and stayed at the Glen house. The rooms were quaint and clean and the beds were comfy, we had a great night sleep. The food was nice, I had the salmon and my boyfriend had the chicken, both were average to good. Service was friendly! My only complaint about the weekend was the pools. Both indoor and outdoor didn't seem to be filtering properly and the water was merky and grey. I decided to pass which was disappointing since it was hot and we walked alot that day, I was looking forward to a refreshing dunk! We did however use the hot tub, it was nice and relaxing. Overall, a very nice time. I'm going back next year...hope the pool is fixed!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank kerrijane123
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

My review is a bit late, we went last September (2011). Found the place online, thought it looked very nice and romantic. I called to book a romance package (quite pricey, but we thought we'd give it a try...) but at the time of the booking, there were no "deluxe" room left, so the women agreed to lower the price slightly. The package was to include a special 5 course Menu and champagne and chocolate in room. When we arrived, they told us a deluxe room became available... Well, if THAT was a deluxe room, I dread seeing a regular one! The rooms are in dire need of renovation! Musty smell, dirty carpets, the bed's mattress was probably older than my grandmother, with a huge dent in the middle....We were on a ground level and the view we had was the back of an underground pool about 10 feet from our patio door. There was a wedding party walking around the area and they were all looking into our room! How romantic! Lets shut the curtains at 3 p.m., so much for the view! The bathroom floor was so crooked, felt pretty strange to sit on the toilet! (sorry for the graphics here....). The tub was brown and rusty. Oh, and the so called champagne/chocolate was some cheap sparkling wine with a bag of Werthers Original! But what made us ticked was the staff's attitude when we went to inquire about the Menu. The Chef was extremely arrogant and told my husband that there wouldn't be a special Menu tonight, as opposed to what was promised as part of the package. Getting a little annoyed, I went to the front desk to ask what was going to be the Menu and what our money was paying for... as everything just kept changing on us, and yet we had to pay the full price! The Chef happened to be there she just sighed and she rudely cut me off to say "fine, there will be a special menu"!!!! Hummm.... Are you kidding me? We are paying this huge amount of money and you're just trying to rob us! (or you're too lazy to make a special menu perhaps....) Anyway, we just took off. The one positive thing was that the women at the front desk didn't put up a fight and agreed to credit the room with no charge. She understood our frustration. Too bad cause its a nice location... Just needs work and an attitude check on the women Chef there. YIKES! No way to treat paying clients!

Room Tip: Get an upper level, view on the water