“Amazing”

The Gananoque Inn and Spa
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Gananoque
Reviewed November 23, 2010

We stayed here the weekend of Nov. 13. This was our second stay and as usual it was amazing. The cleanliness and attention to the little details is what keeps us coming back.Awesome buffet breakfast!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fluton
island3c, Owner at The Gananoque Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2011

Thank you for your review! Our staff will appreciate your kind comments.

Reviewed September 2, 2010

I stayed at the Gananoque Inn for a friend's wedding and the experience was great. Beautiful rooms and comfortable beds. The Inn sits right on the edge of the water surrounded by picturesque thousand islands scenery. Friendly and accomodation staff ensured all of my needs were taken care of. If you're staying in Gananoque, I recommend you stay here. I plan to return next summer.

Iain

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank IFleming
Reviewed July 24, 2010

We had a hotel room down by the water and found it great.

The inn was beautiful but we chose to stay down by the water......
Great view and wonderful location to the boats....

WE ran an event out of Gananogue and stayed 2 nights in the Motel style room.

The room was OK ! lets say that...........But the view..........WOW!!!

Would stay again ........A little pricey but it was like 20 feet from the lake.
They actually had a beacj just over the Bridge and walking distance.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank gonecode6
Reviewed July 8, 2010

In May, the Gananoque Inn hosted our wedding. Everything was perfect. Their attention to detail, courteous service, flare and creativity were second to none. I planned my perfect wedding in less a month with their wonderful staff. The food was incredible, every room was immaculate and everyone raved about the quaint yet classy overall experience. I would recommend the Inn for any type of family function, wedding, or other celebratory function. No request is too particular for the friendly and industrious staff. The innkeeper's standard of care is seen around every corner. I wholeheartedly recommend the inn and look forward to my next visit.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2010

My mom and I stayed at the Gananoque Inn and Spa, we got the two night spa package, and we loved every second of it! Our room was on the second floor, two queen beds. We thought the decor was beautiful, everything was clean and well maintained. The front desk was very accomodating, my mom wanted to see the other rooms (in the Annex and Waterfront) for future visits and they gave us the key and let us go look. They booked play tickets for us and gave us directions whenever needed. The spa was amazing and I highly recommend it to everyone who goes! I had the relaxation massage and spa pedicure, my mom had the hot stone massage. We both wanted more, the staff were extremely friendly, professional and very good at what they do. The facilities were lovely, with lovely, dimly lit rooms and soft music. The Watermark restaurant had wonderful views, great service, presentation of the food was beautiful, but unfortunately the food itself was not very good. The first night both our caesar salads had to be sent back because the lettuce was brown. The manager came over and gave us a free drink which was very nice. The main courses were decent, but nothing to brag about. The desserts were the best part. The breakfast buffet was similar, decent but not great. The pastries were the best part but the hot food was just okay. We saw the Blood Brothers play at the playhouse and it was amazing, much better than we had expected. We did a boat tour but the front desk was nice enough to tell us that if we drove 15 minutes to Rockport the one hour tour was the same as the 2.5 hour from Gananoque because its further into the islands. Highly recommend it, we will do a longer one with a stop at Bolt island next time. Loved every second and cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2010
2  Thank Smashley17
Reviewed June 21, 2010

We hadn't even checked in to the hotel yet when my boyfriend said "maybe we should stay an extra night". So it was a great 1st impression.

This is a very charming small hotel, perfect for a little getaway for friends, families or couples. It is a 5 minute walk from the Gananoque Boat Line & I would highly reccommend going on the 2.5 hour cruise. We stayed in room 108 & I think it might be the best one at the Inn.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MoMoYXU
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Please use caution when booking a reservation on line- what you see is not what you get.

With the all the hype about the Gananoque Inn being a water front gem- we were very disappointed to find the "romantic Caverly Cottage" ~~ not only located behind and across the road from the Inn- it was AT THE BACK OF THE PARKING LOT. Six feet and a fence separated the cottage from the house next door. I thought it would be nice to go out on the "private sun porch" to have our morning coffee- NOT- straight out the porch window is the parking lot and a dumpster. Oh Boy!! I did not think the porch would be enclosed either- I suppose they had to so you wouldn't have to look out at the cars 20 feet away in the parking lot when you sat in the chairs. Needless to say we did not use the private sun porch. The room was nicely decorated and comfortable. My husband did take notice of the electrical panel on the porch- bare wires and all...

When we expressed our disappointment to the clerk- she said that she 'thought' that the website said that the Caverly Cottage "was located out in the town"- well I tell you it does not- and I do not know how they get a view of "a small town street scape" for the other half of the cottage- you look out into a parking space and then the street is behind that... street scape?...

we did look at a water front room but it was really dark and dreary and not worth another $100. And of course there were no other rooms available... I don't think she tried very hard.

Breakfast was included and very good- We were also disappointed when we were shown to a table right beside another couple when there were only 6 other people in the restaurant- so we asked to go out on the deck- it was beautiful out there- desserts at the grill/lounge restaurant the night before were very good.

We have stayed at better hotels for the same amount of money and will not return.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank karen29len
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gananoque
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Suites Gananoque
Comfort Inn & Suites Thousand Islands Harbour District
1 mi away
Country Squire Resort & Spa
Quality Inn & Suites 1000 Islands
1000 Islands Harbor Hotel
Howard Johnson Inn Gananoque

Been to The Gananoque Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!