I must confess – we only stayed at the Gananoque Inn because they had the only available room in town. And we weren’t too happy about being on the third floor, with no balcony, and a view of the street. Other rooms had balconies, and we were immediately jealous as the ground floor rooms were more accessible, and much more appealing. But after a friendly check inn (fresh cookies!) we tossed our bags in the room and sat by the water – where the view was lovely. Small boats were pulling inn, as larger vessels were taking tourists out on tours. On the ground there were a series of motel-like rooms, with guests milling about happily on the lawn. Our room was small, but it had plenty of lovely touches. Plush robes, complimentary water, and high quality soaps. But best of all were the beds. Oh my God – the most comfortable beds ever. So insanely comfortable that my friend and I sat up at night and talked about how comfortable we were. In the morning we were reluctant to get up – choosing our fabulous beds over the fabulous sunny day. But we did get up, just in time for the buffet breakfast, which was fresh, plentiful, and enjoyed on their lovely patio. I would highly recommend this inn, and it’s excellent restaurant. But for maximum enjoyment – choose your room wisely – and have a great sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the St. Lawrence River, the Gananoque Inn & Spa occupies the original the Gananoque Carriage Works factory. Converted to a hotel in 1896, the historic and charming Inn provides two river front restaurants, private docking, waterfront accommodation, and fireplace and Jacuzzi suites. The Inn is the perfect location from which to explore the 1000 Islands, the nearby UNESCO designated Rideau Canal and Kingston Fortifications. Golf, fishing, island tours, kayaking, cycling, summer theatre and shopping are just a few of the nearby activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Gananoque Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Gananoque Hotel Gananoque
- Gananoque Bed Breakfast
- The Gananoque Inn And Spa Ontario, Canada