We stopped at Gananoque for the night after a long day driving from Niagara to Montreal. The room was very comfortable without being overdone. Clean, tidy, spacious with a good quality furnishings and fittings. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful.
It was a warm summer evening and the town was looking very picturesque. It seemed a relaxing atmosphere and the people were friendly. We would have enjoyed a few days there if we had the time and would have done a tour of the 1000 islands on one of the boats we could see from our bedroom window.
It was a bit dearer than other places we stayed although we were given a discounted rate but was definitely the nicest place we stayed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the St. Lawrence River, the Gananoque Inn & Spa occupies the original the Gananoque Carriage Works factory. Converted to a hotel in 1896, the historic and charming Inn provides two river front restaurants, private docking, waterfront accommodation, and fireplace and Jacuzzi suites. The Inn is the perfect location from which to explore the 1000 Islands, the nearby UNESCO designated Rideau Canal and Kingston Fortifications. Golf, fishing, island tours, kayaking, cycling, summer theatre and shopping are just a few of the nearby activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Gananoque Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Gananoque Hotel Gananoque
- Gananoque Bed Breakfast
- The Gananoque Inn And Spa Ontario, Canada