We stopped here for dinner late one Sunday evening on way home from Windsor. This was a last minute plan, and we were very happy to see the special was a prime rib dinner.
After being seated the young lady serving informed us she thought they had run out of the special. After giving us their menus she offered to check with the kitchen, and went out of her way to find us the last bits - and boy did we end out having a great dinner!
The ambiance was lovely, and the staff were super. They really went out of their way that evening, just what we needed on the long drive back to Ottawa. The Inn itself is so quaint. We are definately planning another trip back to stay at this Inn soon.
I recommend this place for thier Sunday evening prime rib meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the St. Lawrence River, the Gananoque Inn & Spa occupies the original the Gananoque Carriage Works factory. Converted to a hotel in 1896, the historic and charming Inn provides two river front restaurants, private docking, waterfront accommodation, and fireplace and Jacuzzi suites. The Inn is the perfect location from which to explore the 1000 Islands, the nearby UNESCO designated Rideau Canal and Kingston Fortifications. Golf, fishing, island tours, kayaking, cycling, summer theatre and shopping are just a few of the nearby activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Gananoque Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Gananoque Hotel Gananoque
- Gananoque Bed Breakfast
- The Gananoque Inn And Spa Ontario, Canada