As the header states - we experienced an uneven stay at the Gananoque Inn. Check-in was brusque and rude - the person on the desk (Sally) was unfriendly, unhelpful, disinterested. We were later told she was new - but she should not be working on the front desk ( creating first impressions) without further training. The Inn itself is beautiful, clean and well located. We enjoyed the restaurant very much and the couples massage was above average. However - and this is a big however - this weekend was a wedding gift and our room on the 2nd floor was located right beside the restaurant exhaust fan. Our room smelled like grease and bacon cooking the whole time we were there and the air conditioner did not work. We were told ( by the rude concierge) that there were no other rooms to move to ..... but there were several at a higher standard we learned later. Quite frankly, our room should have been the last to be given out, and certainly was not very nice under the circumstances. We could have gone any weekend - and wished we had been advised that the only room available for our wedding present weekend was directly in front of the exhaust fan! Even with the gift certificate, it was quite pricey - and we would have booked another time. This was brought up and ignored twice .... if I was the Innkeeper I would not have allowed this. Our impression? Lovely but very poorly run in some areas. We were promised a follow up call or e-mail the next day and have heard nothing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the St. Lawrence River, the Gananoque Inn & Spa occupies the original the Gananoque Carriage Works factory. Converted to a hotel in 1896, the historic and charming Inn provides two river front restaurants, private docking, waterfront accommodation, and fireplace and Jacuzzi suites. The Inn is the perfect location from which to explore the 1000 Islands, the nearby UNESCO designated Rideau Canal and Kingston Fortifications. Golf, fishing, island tours, kayaking, cycling, summer theatre and shopping are just a few of the nearby activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your The Gananoque Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Gananoque Hotel Gananoque
- Gananoque Bed Breakfast
- The Gananoque Inn And Spa Ontario, Canada