Stayed two nights in the Caverley Cottage with another couple. It's across the street from the Inn . It's nice and private, quiet with parking right there at your door almost. Has a double communicating door between the two suites (so quite soundproof) so it's perfect for a family or two couples. In 601 was the larger and more expensive one with a sitting area which has a sofa bed, two chairs and coffee table, that's where the not so great fireplace is. Suites were very clean, staff were very helpful,efficient and friendly. Lobby of Inn has a lovely fireplace, and is inviting but the ones in the rooms are old and tired and are electric with lights, not gas. Televisions are Zenith, and quite out of date. We had 601 and our pillow top bed was quite comfy but our friends did not sleep well as their bed was older and lumpy. Our bathroom had a lovely coner bath (needs caulking) and a lovely pedestal sink,but there is nowhere to put your toileteries, not a big deal if you're not staying long. Rooms are big and have a lovely balcony with chairs, so wonderful in summer. Watermark Restaurant was nice and cozy and delicious for an evening meal, limited menu but all items were good. Decent selection for breakfast too which is included with the room price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the banks of the St. Lawrence River, the Gananoque Inn & Spa occupies the original the Gananoque Carriage Works factory. Converted to a hotel in 1896, the historic and charming Inn provides two river front restaurants, private docking, waterfront accommodation, and fireplace and Jacuzzi suites. The Inn is the perfect location from which to explore the 1000 Islands, the nearby UNESCO designated Rideau Canal and Kingston Fortifications. Golf, fishing, island tours, kayaking, cycling, summer theatre and shopping are just a few of the nearby activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Gananoque Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Gananoque Hotel Gananoque
- Gananoque Bed Breakfast
- The Gananoque Inn And Spa Ontario, Canada