“FANTASTIC CRUISE”

Gananoque Boat Line
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Offering 1000 Islands cruises to your tastes: 5-Hour Boldt Castle Stopover cruise, 2.5-Hour Lost Ships cruise (this is also the most comprehensive cruise in the 1000 Islands), 1-Hour Beauty of the Islands cruise and a 1-Hour Ivy Lea cruise. We don't stop there! If you prefer the magic of the 1000 Islands at night, we have evening cruises such as dinner cruises, and music cruises!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Located in the town of Gananoque, Ontario, the 1000 Island boat cruises by this company are fantastic…

Their employees are friendly and professional; the boats are large and in very good condition; the boarding / disembarking process is very efficient…

We enjoyed the 5 hour cruise which stops at Boldt Castle on Heart Island, USA. The castle is a photographic opportunity; it is a great day destination along with the cruise of the 1000 islands…

You need your passport both for entry to the USA and returning to Canada…

We had a great time both with the cruise and touring the castle; well worth the price…

1  Thank TheTravellingPirate
Write a ReviewReviews (1,095)
All reviews
in 8 reviews
"return trip"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Lots of viewing deck available. Informative. Smooth sailing. Leisurely 2.5 hours. Left on time. Arrived back on time.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Highly recommend you take this trip.. The scenery amongst the islands gorgeous. Apparently the cruise is packed on the weekends so we went on Monday at 3 which was great. We enjoyed excellent food at the Castle cafe near the dock. The Castle is well worth seeing - the restoration is amazing! Our 12 year old granddaughter loved it and so did we.
Cannot say anything negative about our experience on the boat or at the Castle - everyone of the crew and all staff were polite, friendly and helpful. Going through Customs was a breeze likely because we were there on the Monday when the crowd was significantly lessened.

1  Thank cau47
Reviewed August 18, 2014

From the time we arrived at this attraction, we were greeted with nothing but trouble. There are many many bus tours that stop over at this attraction. Part of our tour group was in front several other people in the middle and then myself. People were rude and discourteous and were pushing like farm animals to get in front of us to get to their group. If that is the case, I should have also been allowed to go closer to the front with others from my group. I do not understand the concept of the line as people just push in front as they please and the people working there do nothing but stand around a twiddle their thumbs.

As I was now at the back of the line, there was hardly any good choices of seats on the boat. We were seated in the middle on the top deck. Once the boat started there were way too many people crowded at the top. Why is there not a limit for people at the top? Why are there so many people allowed on the boat. The captain also did nothing to ease the congestion. Everyone was crowded and no one could see, so I got up from my seat to go to the edge to get a picture only to be YELLED at by the RUDEST man I have ever met with in my entire life. He was then pushing people telling them to get out of his way, that he paid for his ticket etc. He even came at me like he was about to push me and there was no one there to tell this man to go somewhere else. I don't know who is running this boat tour but clearly something needs to be done as my ride was anything but pleasant. What a terrible way to end a lovely 3 day trip.

1  Thank Michele228
See more reviews
Reviewed August 17, 2014

As expected, it was a beautiful cruise. We find the ticket pricing reasonable, but the food/drink prices are outrageous. We understand that seating is fluid, people moving around, but a gentleman stood in front of my husband and myself for several minutes as we were seated, and clearly heard us say that we'd get a drink and come back. We know he spoke English. On our return, about 4 min later, he was seated with 3 women, nice and cozy where we had been sitting. There was nothing to be done, we ended up standing for the next hour. I know this isn't the cruise line's issue; I'm mentioning it only as a warning to others. Common courtesy isn't always commonplace.