“Unique reasonable Italian food”
Review of Piazzetta Magog

Piazzetta Magog
Ranked #26 of 126 Restaurants in Magog
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We happened upon Piazetta while walking the Main Street for dinner choices. It is mainly a pizza restaurant with unique gourmet thin crust choices that are served table side over your own personal warming dish. We opted for their pasta choices that were quite yummy. I had the nicoise with Alfredo and red sauces and my daughter had their pesto chicken pasta. We shared a delicious tiramisu for dessert. This is a great family option among many of the more expensive restaurants along the Main Street.
My only complaint is that with a $15 pasta dinner, I would have thought they would at least serve some bread if not a salad. Odd that they have bottles of olive oil on the tables, but what for if not simple bread? I left feeling hungry still and wished I had gotten an appetizer if I had known my rather small main dish came with absolutely NOTHING.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We dined here late in the season. In fact, there was only one other person in the place. However, despite the lack of distractions or of hubbub, service was only average. Boredom can be a distraction in itself for waitstaff.

However, the food was excellent. My wife had a grilled chicken and orange salad and I had serving of Italian rolls with shrimp and baked salmon. Both were outstanding. I could have used one or two more rolls, but I can't say that I got up hungry.

The place looks like it is inaccessible for handicapped people. However, a bit of exploration back behind the restrooms revealed a back door without stairs and a parking lot which, after being asked, the waitress revealed was for the restaurant.

Considering that it was late in the season and on-street parking was hard to come by AND METERED, this was an interesting revelation, abet a bit late for this visit.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We chose this restaurant based on Trip Advisor reviews and enjoyed it. I ordered Pasta Primavera and thought it was quite tasty. Our table was by a window, so we could see folks walking by on the busy main street at dinner hour. I enjoyed that. My friend ordered a pizza, which she said was just OK. The whole touristy area where piazzetta Magog is located is a pleasant strolling area in good weather.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were hesitant to stop there for lunch, we went around and came back. Wow! It was great service, great food for quality prix. The pizza and the desert was exquisite. A nice surprise. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were looking for English-speaking service when passing through Magog and am glad we chose Piazzetta. There was a kids menu with many choices and my kids liked the Spaghetti Bolognese. My husband and I had pasta dishes, which were very good and the garlic bread that came with the meals was delicious. I recommend for families, or anyone looking for a pleasant environment with nice views of the town and good food.