“Excellent!”

Comme Chez Soi
Ranked #6 of 128 Restaurants in Magog
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: On vous accueil dans une ambiance tout autant intime que conviviale pour une soiree entre amis. Apportez vos bouteilles preferees et laissez-vous charmer par un menu accessible et diversifie. Laissez-vous tenter par les nouveautes de notre Table d'hote qui change a tous les mois. Venez rencontrer notre personnel dynamique et jovial qui saura vous faire sentir comme chez soi
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The food is absolutely delicious!! Usually, my husband (a chef) and I are ver picky when it comes to eating out. This restaurant was great, all three times that I have gone. You can bring your own wine also. The decor may not be the nicest, but the food is perfect.

3  Thank susana001

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We decided to try the resturant based on the recommendation of a friend. We were a group of 12 friends who live in the Magog area.
The room / atmosphere - there were a number of groups of 8 or more and it was very loud making it difficult to converse and even difficult to hear the woman who was serving us.
The service - As i mentioned above the room was very loud and it was difficult to hear the server when she was explaining the specials . One of our group asked if the server could repeat the daily specials in english. She said in french that we live in Quebec and here we speak French. Our group is bilingual so this was not a problem but this type of ignorance and lack of respect for your customers really pisses me off and is not acceptable in a tourist area in a service business that is located 20 miles from the US border. If she had said i am sorry I do not speak English it would not bothered ime in the least.. I am a local business owner and if one of my employees ever was this disrespectful to a customer, they would be fired immediately. Unfortunately after this incident the service was also very slow.

Perhaps as engish speaking customers we were not welcome!

The food - in spite of the rude server and the slow service, the food was excellent.

Unfortunately the service experience left " a bad taste in my mouth" and i will not return.

10  Thank JimCatAC
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Although I actually live in Magog, I had not been there in ages. The excuse for this meal was my friend organizing a dinner for his wife birthday. Trying to save a bit, he picked this place because you can bring your own wine and it is opened on Sundays. We went there despite our souvenir of very slow service.
Things were much better than expected. Service turned out to be quite good. It was probably faster due to the fact that there were very few people by the time to order our food (there were a lot of early birds that night). The food was well cooked as ordered and tasty. The portions were generous. My girlfriend could eat eat all her duck confit as it consisted of two legs (I was happy to help her out).
We will add this place back to our list of good dinner options in Magog.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We went to this place following the tripadvisor recommendation and we were so glad we went. The food was some of the tastiest morsels we've ever eaten and the range of option available on the Table D'Hote menu impressive. The courses were so generous we had to pack some for home. Our waitress was very attentive and made every effort to ensure we were enjoying ourselves. We cannot recommend this place highly enough.

Please note - the restaurant is BYOB and at the weekend perhaps phone ahead as we got the very last table.

3  Thank Jascal
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

This small charming restaurant totally blew our minds! The food is unbelievable - best dinner we've ever had! I almost ended up chewing the bones after finishing my most delicious veal rib - it was so incredibly good, even though I had it medium - well due to my pregnancy (medium recommended by the chef).
Everything was just pure perfection: food, service, ambiance, music. It's a must restaurant if you're in the area. I know we are definitely going to be back!

1  Thank KatyG82

Been to Comme Chez Soi? Share your experiences!