“Perfect place to stay when you are in Magog”

Auberge du Grand Lac
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Magog
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The location of the hotel is very convenience. You can walk to park, the main street of Magog. The hotel is very clean and quite. The service is very good. It’s a very good choice when planning a vacation in Magog.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karen S

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was considering leading a bicycle tour through Magog in August, 2014. I asked what rates they could give me for nine rooms, 2 nights, midweek. The initial response from Pierrette, the manager, was $179 for a double and $199 for a king. This seemed so high that I almost thought it must be for two nights combined. She implied that she could do better if I booked 10 rooms, so I asked and was told $149 for a double and $169 for a king. Curious, I used the hotel’s own reservation system to see what the rack rate was for my dates. Interestingly, it is the exact same rate that she claimed I could only get by booking 10 rooms minimum. So she tried to seriously over-charge me with the initial rates. Not to be trusted.

N.B. - I have not stayed at this property, but am reporting questionable (at best) marketing behavior.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank BostonSculpt
jianchen, Owner at Auberge du Grand Lac, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Sir,

We appreciate your opinions but it should be the truth.

The rack rate you check on our website is the room rate only. But the rate we offer you do include the free breakfasts for two per room per day($20), and other services free of charge, for example laundry, free bicycle storage etc. We explained it to you in emails clearly. I would believe there were some misunderstandings between us.

We had very pleasant experiences with different kinds of small sports groups across Canada, you can find good feedback here also.

We are always trying hard to satisfy our guests.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is the 2nd time our volleyball team has stayed at the Auberge. Admittedly the rooms are not large, but what the hotel lack in size and elegance, it makes up for with its friendly and helpful staff. Other teams stayed in larger, closer hotels...but they were noisy (some teams & parents unfortunately have no consideration for other guests), no fridges and nothing nearby to see or do. The lovely town (village?) of Magog is just steps away from the Auberge, and a lovely walking/hiking trail is nearby. The staff was very helpful, and our players were well equiped with a hot, healthy breakfast each morning. A big thank you to Pierrette & the staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank WPassalent

We thank you for supporting our small hotel, yours satisfaction is our priority. Welcome back to beautiful Magog!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We got so nice experience a couple of days ago with perfect location, outstanding services and terrific room amenities. No hesitate to choice it again next time to Magog. By the way, I will never forgot the gourmet dinners there....Everything is owesome...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Xie R
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The hotel is in a nice location walking distance to beautiful downtown Magog. Its not on the water but steps away. Parking is very limited and even though they gave us a pass we did not have a spot to park. The rooms themselves are average at best, clean but still overpriced. Service staff was very kind and helpful and they do have a very nice rooftop terrace.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stang1217
Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

Ww were passing by the town and decided to spend a day in Magog. The price was not as low as what we would've liked but after looking at the prices of the nearby hotels (which weren't any better) we had decided to stay here due to its proximity to the main street and would probably make our money's worth. Fortunately we were right. There were many small local gift shops and gormet restaurants within walking distance. The fixtures in the hotel was a bit old-fashioned but it was comfortable and suited the ambiance. Their staff members were incredibly friendly and helpful in providing tourism tips and guides about the town and area. Overall, I think it is a place worth considering going back to.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank IvySmasher
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I was given initially a room with a damaged carpet that was also way too small for the price tag of a bit over 100 dollars. I was allowed to change my room and got another larger and cleaner room that was the approximate value of the money I was charged. Paper walls made conversations in nearby units clearly audible in my room which is not so wonderful. I had several conversations with several friendly staff members at this Motel which makes me like them more as a place to stay. A good restaurant in the Motel offers free cooked breakfast which is a first for me. They also made some very good Chinese food which is kind of rare to find in a smaller town in French Quebec. Despite the friendliness of staff members I would not really recommend this place, as I thought the rooms were too small for what they were charging for them. The town has many good places to eat and many good stores that sell everything from gourmet food items to fine silk scarves made in Laos.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo