“Disappointed with our stay in condo #313”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Magog
Club Azur Village Resort
Reviewed February 28, 2010

We stayed at the Club Azur for one week Jan 2010. Although the pictures of the condo on the Internet were enticing, the insolation between the condos and the construction of the condo in general was poor. While our kids played upstairs, the light fixtures on the main floor were clanging. Not a huge deal but also not very relaxing. It is also important to note that the stairs outside to get to the condo were very steep (about 12 stairs) and were poorly cleared. No shovel was provided for us to do our own clearing. Curtain rods in the living room and one of the bedrooms were falling out of the wall. We also were very disappointed to arrive back at our condo only one day after arriving to find the proprietor taking down the christmas tree in the living room and clearing the snow off our back porch. Did they not realize when we were arriving? I did not appreciate having to clean up the mess left behind from the tree. This all should have been taken care of before we had arrived. I was not impressed that the proprietor felt that it was okay to enter and walk around the condo (upstairs in our bedrooms too) while we were not there. Defintiely could have been handled better by the owners! The pots and pans were disgusting and needed a good cleaning before use. Some of the pans and cooking utensils were in such condition that we simply chose not to use them. Yuck! Although it was clear that access to the pool/exercise centre was not included with our reservation, we were unable to access the facilties during our stay.

These condos are very close to Magog and Orford and access to stores, including grocery stores, was great. Skiing at Orford was fabulous, the Bolton Spa was wonderful, and restaurants in Magog were great. That said, we will look for a different condo for our next stay.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank CanadaTraveller444

Reviewed February 22, 2010

We rented a comfortable one bedroom unit at Club Azur for 4 nights. Having a full, well equipped kitchen is a huge plus--we ate most of our meals in. There is a great Whole Foods type market just a mile away, where you can buy nice produce and bread and almost anything else you could want (except paper goods--you have to go to the IGA for that.) We traveled with a teen and a pre-teen, and an extra bedroom would have been nice--they were a bit cramped on the pull out couch, plus the common area was not available once they were in bed. So next time, I'd get a 2 or even 3 bedroom (for the extra bath!) but if your kids are young, a one bedroom is fine. Bring paper towels and extra toilet paper. Plastic wrap or bags are also convenient for leftovers. The condos are close to both downtown and the mountain. Rent skates at the health club to skate on the trail along the lake--beautiful! For a real adventure, try dog sledding with Adrenaline Aventures in Orford--an unforgetable experience. Overall, we loved it and would return.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank iwanttogetaway
Reviewed January 23, 2009

Business known as Club Azur rents individually owned units in Club Azur resort village in Magog. I had been there with my family at New Year week 2008-2009. We had absolutely no regrets about unit we stayed in. Decent-sized one-bedroom unit, fully furnished, with fireplace. However, I was seriously disappointed with business owners and the way they conduct business.

When I booked my stay in Club Azur I sent a cheque for $190 Canadian as a deposit. Balance would have been paid in cash upon arrival. Club Azur's manager phoned me at the day of arrival and informed me that he's about to leave for Ottawa and will collect money next day. When he came to collect the money, he showed me copy of agreement and told to pay amount stated there. I paid cash promptly, but no receipt had been issued (that detail should have attract my attention, but my wife got flu that day, I was caring for kids and somewhat harried). Only day or two later I discovered that I had been asked to pay FULL amount again, with deposit amount ignored. I went to business owners and they told me that they actually collected only amount they were owed (cost of rent minus deposit) and, due to way they conduct their business, it is impossible for them to reconcile their books and figure out if they have cash surplus. I found it rather hard to believe (especially taking into account pretty strict requirements of Canada Revenue Agency) but I gave them benefit of the doubt again and agreed to wait until they balance their books 10 days later. Needless to say, 10 days later I've heard the same version, namely that their books are in order and no moneys had been found.

Bottom line: I've lost $190 to Club Azur's owners and had not been given a receipt for any monies I paid. As I said before, I have absolutely no problem with quality of units Club Azur rents, but be careful in your dealing with owners.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank Torontonian98
Reviewed January 22, 2008

We just got back from 3 days skiing in Magog at Mt. Orford. We stayed at Club Azur this time. Our condo was #127. It was a 3 bedroom, 2 full bath unit. Everything was great. The beds were comfortable, the unit was clean and ready for our visit. There were ample towels, toilet paper, etc. The condo complex is located on Rte 112, not too far from the skating path in the winter (part of the bike path in the summer, I believe). Our unit was perfect for our family of 5. With 3 kids, it is good to have the 3rd bedroom instead of having my son on a sofa bed.

Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank m0m0f3
Reviewed January 22, 2008

We stayed in Unit 145- three bedrooms, one king, two full size and one full size beds. 2 full bathrooms. Beautiful up to date unit, nice and clean. What we liked: location, we brought our bikes and the bike path is at the end of the street, we rode all over. Walking path is also there. We could ride or walk to the beach. Tennis and Pool club (small fee for use) located on same street and we could play indoor or outdoor tennis. Unit had all kitchen appliances so we could cook in or eat out. No AC but at night the temp dropped quickly and we did not need it. There is no daily maid service but the unit had a washer and dryer (bring your own beach towels!). Price was unbeatable! Only thing the mom did not like was lack of daily maid service! Really nice unit.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank travelinmother
Reviewed August 5, 2007

Not knowing much French, we were a little hesitent when booking our family vacation in Quebec. While we initially wanted to rent a home, we found the selection either out of our price range or simply too small and outdated for our tastes.

While searching online, I came upon Club Azur, a selection of condos within walking distance of Lac Mephremagog. We contacted our hostess, Danny, reviewed the available rooms online.

See: [--].

Upon arriving, we were thilled to find that our room was more than we had expected. Everything was immaculate, bright and well stocked. In addition, our condo had a gas grill which we used several times during our stay as we ate some of our meals out on the deck.

It was only about 200 yards from our front door to the beach, making it an easy stroll with our 3 kids. This short distance also made it easy for me to transport my kayak to the nearby boatyard (all boats need to be powerwashed before entering the lake) before paddling out around the beautiful lake. Magog's main street was also only about two miles away from Club Azur...and offered us a wide selection of great restaurants to choose from.

We highly recommend Club Azur and Magog to anyone looking to soak up the French Canadian culture and spend some vacation time outside of Quebec's big cities. We'll be back again!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank 2007RedSox
Reviewed August 20, 2006

I visited Club Azur in Magog (Quebec, Canada) many times over the year, ive always had good service except up to this year when i rented CONDO #432.

I was quite dissapointed by the fact we were lied to about having an A/C. We were also told there was satellite until we arrived and were told we mustve heard wrong, which is completly irrational.

We arrived in june, me my husband and my child who suffers from asthma. My son hasnt been able to sleep through our whole week there. They didnt even have a fan.

We had to stay up almost every night by our son's bed to make sure he was ok. It kinda ruined our vacation.

I dont suggest condo #432 in clu b azur magog to anyone.
Service was poor and unprofessionnal. But i do suggest you go rent condos in club azur, it is a nice place for family.

4  Thank chocomuffin