“Good food but very poor service”

Guacamole y tequila
Ranked #10 of 128 Restaurants in Magog
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The food and atmosphere were good but the service was very slow. We were 2 couples with our children (5 kids between the ages of 5 and 12) and after waiting forever for our food, the waitress brought the plates for the adults but not the kids. We waited over 15 minutes for their plates to arrive! I have been to many restaurants and this is a first for me, a long delay between service at the same table. We ended up eating cold, obviously not wanting to eat in our children's faces while they had nothing. I would not return to this restaurant, especially not with kids!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stoped here, just curious... What a surprise.... ; ). The food is just handsome!!! Need a stop, you won't be desapointed.

1  Thank Wazzaby
Reviewed September 16, 2012

we ate their last night and not to busy at first and only 2 waitress working. She took our order for
drinks and appetizers, and our appetizers came very quickly. We waited and waited for our drinks and finally had to ask the second waitress to re-order and did eventually get them. Our order was apparently forgotten, and we continued to wait. We could see management talking about our table and we let the waitress know that we had been waiting for close to an hour. When we finally got our food, it was not what we had ordered, but because we had already waited so long, we decided to eat it anyway. The food was good, I will give them that, but my major complaint was when I talked to the hostess, his response was a brief "I'm sorry." We were not offered a complimentary drink or dessert or reduction in our bill. Then we even had to wait 10 minutes after asking for our bill for them to bring it to us. I let the waitress know that I was very displeased with the service. I was finally offered a complimentary drink after my family had already left. My family and I eat out often and I have only been insulted worse than I was on that night once. We will never eat at this restaurant again.

1  Thank Pat C
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We've been here before, but this time decided to write a review. This is a delightful restaurant, right on the main shopping street in the heart of Magog, Quebec.. a very pretty area in the Eastern Townships of Quebec (a little over an hour's drive from the Champlain Bridge, in Montreal, take Autoroute10 East toward Sherbrooke, Quebec). Here you will find cheerful and helpful staff who speak English, French and at least one of the owners, Spanish ! The atmosphere is very Mexican in feeling and look...furnishings, lighting, background music, even in the glasses and place settings. Drinks are well sized and presented attractively. The food is very good...you have all the usual Mexican dishes and you can state your preferences on whether you want " mild" or as "hot" as you can stand ! One of us wasn't sure about one of the "mole" dishes and was offered to taste a bit of the sauce before she ordered it. This was definitely a very thoughtful thing to do... how many restaurants would do this ??? All in all, if you like "Mexican"..go there, you'll really enjoy this little "gem". By the way, we were there on Saturday early evening around 7:00 p.m. and it was almost filled with couples, families, all age groups .

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I would definitively not recommend you this place. I fear it will close soon. Decor is nice but in a hole. PRICE is not proportional, the owner thinks he is reinventing Mexican food!!! Portions are very poor. We were the only customer with very ordinary service. And the cook a young adolescent dressed very unprofessional.
Honestly I am making you a favor by turning you away from there