OMG!! Do Not Stay here!
I didn't consult TripAdvisor before booking-shame on me and wasted vacation time and money on me. DO NOT STAY HERE! If you read this, you are forwarned of your disatisfaction and waste of money. I am forever regretful for not reading TripAdvisor before I booked.
Run down. Dirty. Very dirty even in the supposedly 4 star dining room. OMG I wonder how dirty the kitchen is ! Service staff means well, they really do, but we left the dining room tonight after an hour's wait for our bread, salad and soup. He said the chef was overworked, but there were only about 15 tables of people and most were at the end of their meal and how much work is it really to supply bread, soup and salad? Last night was the same. Tonight we left before the main course. Enough is enough! I Am paying good money for supposedly 4 Star service. NOT ! Do not come here !
We had booked a week but will leave tomorrow on day 2.
Room is dirty. Paper cups in room for coffee and drinks. Really? Fridge doesn't work! I defrosted it myself last night ( huge block of ice!) still not cold. Repairman came quickly (nice!) but said "oh, it's more of a cooler than a fridge, add a bucket of ice , that will help". OMG !
We had only one set of towels in the room. ( they brought another set on our second request)
Beach: small but nice. Ran out if beach towels before 10:30am -bring your own!! Most beach chairs were broken. ( they don't cost that much to replace; comon guys, this is sad!) only food or drink at the beach is soda or chips for $2 each. Pedal boat or cheap sit-upon kayak is $10 per hour on a very small lake.
Our room was tiny. Bathroom had cracked tiles and dirty grout.
Disgusting. Dust bunnies in room. Fridge doesnt work. Left dinning room before our meal tonight out of frustration over the long wait. Cat kibble and dust by our baseboards in our room- SOS! Dirty And Stinking carpets throughout the hotel. Wow!
This place was nice when we came 25 years ago, , but it is awful now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hôtel Le Chantecler is one of the most beautiful holiday resorts in all of the picturesque Laurentian mountains north of Montreal. Whether you're there to admire Lac Rond, the mountains or the garden, every Chantecler guest is assured of an exceptional view. You'll have access to all the amenities you need to relax and feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Le Chantecler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Chantecler Hotel
- Le Chantecler Sainte Adele
- Hotel Le Chantecler Sainte-Adele, Quebec, Canada