“Much too good to be called pub food”
Review of The Crown Inn @ Great Ouseburn - CLOSED

The Crown Inn @ Great Ouseburn
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Saw the recommendation on Tripadvisor and the barman in our hotel recommended it. Really lived up to expectations. The photos on Tripadvisor look great and I can tell you the reality lives up to it. My friend had the cod and chips - biggest fish, crispiest batter I've ever eaten. I had liver pate to start - best pate I've ever eaten. Desserts to die for. Waiting staff were really friendly and the place has a lovely atmosphere. Not expensive and really worth it. On my list of places to go back to.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Especially after walking from Boroughbridge on the Leg of The River round Walk. It was like an Oasis as we walked up the village.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Had Sunday lunch today . Wonderful friendly service. Excellent food beautifully presented. I had pate and roast beef beautifully cooked . Will be back and telling everyone about it many thanks

Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is the second time in the last few weeks (sorry crown inn I think we may have been the noisy family group in the conservatory).

Lovely food, well presented and very tasty. Also nothing is as it seams ie fish fingers on the kids menu are home made with cod and battered, lovely. So don't be put off by "pie and chips" this will be the nicest pie and chips ever!

The early bird menu is good, with big portions, the Sunday lunch menu is also well presented hot and tasty.

The drinks price is not too bad and are regular pub prices, thus allowing a combination of pub priced drinks with restaurant price (and standard) of food.

A place to watch in the future, I think you'll always need to book soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We visited the crown on Sunday for lunch after hearing the pub was now under new ownership, I must say it was one of the best meals I have had in a pub/restaurant in a long time! The sirloin of beef was perfect and cooked to perfection nice and pink and my wife had the roast pork which was nice and moist!

The pub looks really good with its fresh decoration, friendly and helpful staff! Will definitely return and try the tempting a la carte menu!

I would defiantly recommend the Crown

1  Thank Downtown987