“Great Fishing and R&R”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salesville
Gene's Trout Fishing Resort
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Gene's four nights (August, 2013) and I must say it was FANTASTIC! The cabin was well furnished and very clean. The grounds were well maintained and the scenery was beautiful. I'm an avid bass fisherman but a novice at angling for trout but the staff at Gene's was informative and helped me with some solid information. They also directed us to some excellent eating establishments in the area. And Scott (the owner) acted as our personal photographer as we were leaving and took our picture. We would love to be back there right now on the deck of our cabin just watching the river flow by. We definitely plan on going back to Gene's and enjoying the experience again. In fact, it may well be an annual mini-vacation for us.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rod F F

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed here a couple nights in early March. It's a handy place for fishing the Norfork river. Was nice to be able to return to the cabin and rest up some during the day while fishing, as I wade fish. Gene's is less than a mile from the dam access fishing area. They advertise free internet. My check of the speed varied anywhere from 44 kbps to 1 mbs, Speed varied wildly but was generally sufficient for what I was doing. I figure they do the best they can with it, as my cell phone did not even work there. I had a one room cabin which was comfortable, bed was good, and it was quiet. I dinged them on cleanliness because of a big cobweb in a ceiling corner and one on a lamp; other than that it was clean.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Ark7
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband and I recently (July 2012) stayed at Gene's Trout Resort. There were both positives and negatives regarding our stay some of which may have to do with my inexperience staying at fishing "resorts". First, the negative. Our one bedroom cabin was much smaller than it appeared to me on the internet. The furnishings were worn and I did not find the couch comfortable to lie down on. Our refrigerator was not working properly,freezing most of our beverages. Low water sometimes makes fishing difficult at this end of the river and we were not advised of this beforehand. The Positives:Gene's is a very good value. There is ample parking for persons traveling with or with out boats. The cabin was very clean. The bed was very comfortable and the view from the patio and dock was beautiful. Most importantly, THE OWNER RESPONDED TO MY CONCERNS AS SOON AS HE LEARNED OF THEM AND MADE THINGS RIGHT. I am going to give Gene's another try, with the understanding that the word "resort" can mean different things to different people! The folks who fish trout resorts regularly will be pleased here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shms2081
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Fantastic place to fish and relax...great location...helpful staff...I will return as soon as possible.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank RazorbackHog
Reviewed June 7, 2012

A wonderful place to stay. Watch the river roll by, relax, fish, birdwatch.... Comfortable, clean, home away from home, Owners very accommodating. Being from the area, this is the best. What you see on the web doesn't show the full beauty of this place. There is no better on the lakes or rivers. We'll be back. The Shatswells

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank smiles75035
Reviewed February 20, 2012

A group of us go to Gene'e every year for Super Bowl Weekend. The place is the perfect fishing retreat. Always clean and great facilities.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We stayed in cabin 5. It was a nice little 2 bedroom cabin and was certainly worth the price........tho not on the water, it is close enough to the river to walk to. There is a really nice dock area you can fish off of and I love the live river cams they have set up! We watched the water levels and fishermen everyday for weeks before we actually left for our stay. The cabins are close together but there is an "all quiet" rule at 10 pm so there was no problem with noise or sleeping. The kitchen could use a few more bowls/pans......although we were able to make do with what was available, when we go back we will take a few things with us. We enjoyed our stay very much!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank evcarter

Been to Gene's Trout Fishing Resort? Share your experiences!