“Excellent Pub and good value” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Eaves
Ranked #5 of 33 Restaurants in Spilsby
Cuisines: British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Excellent Pub and good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Lovely pub. The staff are nice. The food is good and the portions are large. It's quite nice in decor and probably is one of the nicest pubs around here. It's also very clean. We take our family there when they visit.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank JamesKW2014

Lincolnshire
“Thanks for a good evening!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

We went to the Eaves last night, with a group of Friends and had a very enjoyable evening.
The food is very good and a reasonable price.Service is fast and efficient all given out with a smile. The building is very accommodating to both large groups or just a couple dining.
The whole establishment is kept very clean and tidy.
Thank you to the Eaves for giving us a very enjoyable evening.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank MrsFussyLincolnshire
Skegness, United Kingdom
“Lovely Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

Huge portions of lovely home cooked thickly sliced meat with crunchy roast, creamy mash & baby potatoes & loads of veg, they even made gluten free gravy especially for me! Desserts were home made & really yummy as well! You really can't go wrong if your after fresh home cooked food with decent sized portions!

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank ProudGrandparentsx3
Lincoln
“Good grief, its huge!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I can put away my food with the best of them but I should have gone for the child's portion! We went for lunch and I had to be helped into the car afterwards. Lets look at the days events.
It was Mothering Sunday so we booked a table for umteen with the respective mothers, grandmothers, Great Grandmothers and aunts as guests of honour.

The chaos of us all shouting out our orders and then changing our mind was received in good spirit. The place was a bit short of seating away from the table but were didn't have to wait too long.

A limited menu with the usual pork, beef, turkey and lamb as the main and a range of pate, prawn cocktail and soup starters. OK it doesn't sound too special but actually it was. My pate was very good, home made and plenty of it. Certainly the size of a normal weekday lunch on its own. There was plenty of toast as well, the lack of which is often a gripe of mine.

I chose beef and with the others we had the full range on offer. It was not buffet service but was brought to your table with the meat plated up and the veg in large tureens. They certainly did not skimp on the veg. The meat was in liberal portions with 4 3/4 inch slabs of 6 inch by 4 inch. No dear reader I didn't take a rule! its an estimate based on the size of the 2 pieces I brought home in the doggy bag.

It was all hot and tasty.

Pushed on by my fellow dinners I finished off with something involving ice cream, cream, more ice cream and nuts and a long spoon. to be honest the whole display was obscene and reminiscent of Henry Fielding's Tom Jones.

Will I go again.. oh yes, but not today!

• Visited March 2014