“Gorgeous, and so fresh tasting”
Review of Charm Spice - CLOSED

Charm Spice
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 14, 2014

After reading the reviews on T.A we decided on trying Charm Spice for the first time, and we are sop pleased that we did. Ordering a takeaway menu for 3 veggies and 2 vegans the staff were so helpful pointing out the items on the menu that are vegan and then explaining the things that they could make from scratch for us if we ordered them and didnt mind a slightly longer wait as they made up a vegan batter. The food was delicious, spicy and flavourful but not over spiced, and it wasnt swimming in oil like so many Indian restaurants are. And they gave a can of coke to the child with us while we waited, it is these small things that make visiting a restaurant a pleasure. We will visit again.

1  Thank Nev d

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Nothing beats charm. Friendly staff who remember you, exceptional food, fast service and very reasonable prices. Anyone who posts a bad review of this place is definitely lying! We are regulars and always will be.

1  Thank TeamWarden
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The food was very spicy, far too hot to enjoy. Very small portions. Staff very unfriendly. Not at all helpfully.

3  Thank anne a
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I went thare with group of friends
the meal was not at standard and it was too salty I wouldn't go there again

1  Thank rajton
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I became used to eating good Indian food in London and, if this restaurant was in London, I would rate this as among the best I have eaten at. The fact that it is actually in Spilsby is astonishing.

There are many dishes on the menu that are suitable for the more conservative English palate – but there are also the real treats there for the aficionados of Indian cooking as well (which, contrary to popular belief, aren't all incredibly hot). The cooking is also remarkably consistent – which is not always the case with even very good ethnic restaurants.

Service is friendly and efficient (without being intrusive) and very much part of the experience.

Although I normally eat there when I happen to be in Spilsby for some other reason I have occasionally travelled from Skegness (where I live) to the Charm Spice simply because I fancied a really good meal.

Spilsby generally has some remarkably good pubs, eateries and carry outs of several kinds for such a small and remote town. Strangely, a Spilsby resident probably has better access to good quality catering than several of the much larger towns around it.