“Nice. over-crowded.”

Morakot Cave (Emerald Cave)
Book In Advance
4 Island Tour to Emerald Cave by Longtail Boat from Koh Lanta
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Ko Muk
Reviewed January 9, 2014

if you go, do yourself a favor and leave at a bout 7:30 AM or 15:30 PM

other than that, the cave is very beautiful, and a bit adventurously accessed.

Don't forget a flashlight!

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Thailand countless time but memory of visiting this cave on this island still excites me. It was a fascinating experience swimming into the cave and discovering the beach which is surrounded by towering walls of limestone. The sight of green water as I looked out the entrance while swimming is stunning indeed. Its a package not to be missed.

3  Thank Abg_Acid
Reviewed December 30, 2013

we hired a catamaran and sailed to emerald cave, it was late afternoon and the storm had set in we anchored about 150mtrs off the entrance no-one was around.... this had us worried but as we were with mighty Mark Foster what could go wrong? haha i spent 15 minutes hanging onto the rope outside the entrance whilst the waves were crashing into the cliff and the cave opening, Mark appeared and kayaked me into the tunnel, what seemed like a lifetime but was only 90 seconds we finally emerged onto the inner beach there was only our party there it was unreal 5 people and all that beauty, awesome, i spent 10 minutes exhausted on the inner beach until i finally gained my strength back and sucked in all the beauty it was truly magical and will be forever etched in my memory .... that was my second brush with death that trip the other was 100 ft down in a cave with a shark but thats another story...... i still alive but contemplating another 'Foster' trip maybe just maybe

2  Thank Alan F
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The Emerald Cave is a unique place, you jump off a boat and swim into a cave. Bats, pitch darkness and emerald water are promised. We saw some bats, didn't get much thrill out of it. The water is green (or emerald), okay, what's the excitement? Pitch darkness? Huh, tell the guides to turn off their flashlights before. Big, fantastic beach? Of course, just a small tiny beach with very large trees. What do you do when you reach? Read a board with a brief history about the place (barely readable), and then? Wait for your turn to go back. That's it! That's all what emerald cave is about. Sure, it may be better if good weather is coupled with no crowds, but this experience wasn't exactly what I was hoping for.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

This cave really is beautiful, but we visited during a boat trip on a particularly rainy day - the boat trip was booked in advance so there was nothing we could do about the weather. We had no warning of what we were swimming into on the trip and did not realise that jellyfish come out to play when the weather is bad. The pitch black tunnel which others describe as a fun entrance to the cave soon becomes a nightmare when you can hear shouts travelling up the group from people being stung by jellyfish! It was very scary, almost everyone was stung to some degree (very painful) and one girl was stung extremely badly and struggled to swim back through (as there is only one way in and one way out!).

Please be aware of this if travelling with children, it was hard enough with a trip of all adults to get through and if I had known in advance what was going to happen, I probably would not have done it.

I'm sure it is very beautiful in the sunshine though!

5  Thank Marielu1