“Perfect for our last night in Puerto Rico”

Caribe Playa Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Patillas
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Small ,quaint and romantic. Clean King size room with sm table and chairs. The ocean was wonderful to go to sleep by. Great pool area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 31, 2010

Beautiful location. Nice pool. Rooms are very standard and simple. The staff was helpful and pleasant. The view and the ocean breeze while enjoying a meal in their restaurant can't be beat. Depending on the weather the waves at this beach can be a little rough. It was a added bonus having a refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2010

I cannot say enough great things about this hotel, it's manager, the Great Elmo Lugo, and its owners. My friends, family, and I stayed in this hotel the weekend of April 8-12 to celebrate my wedding. I had been planning this wedding for 10 months, and on the night before the wedding, some unfortunate circumstances led us to be forced to switch the wedding venue. Elmo heard about this and jumped to my side to help. By the next morning he had set me up with the miracle worker/event planner, Miriam and her trusted assistant, Wanda and within hours they had planned a more beautiful wedding than I had been able to do in 10 months! We ended up having the cermony and reception in the gorgeous pool area at Caribe Playa and it was perfect! The staff was so gracious and friendly all week and all 40+ of our guests were so impressed. We will all definitely be back. Thank you Caribe Playa!! OH! Also, the food in the restaurant is absolutely delicious!!

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Simple accomodations with just the necessary for a quiet,peaceful mini vacation...
their food is very good so is the servive...Elmo and Rosa are exellent hosts.
The housekeeping staff very respectful and courteous!
We will do this again !!!!!!
Plus: "no" internet/cell phone signal...yeah !

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2010

My Wife, Two daughters (11 & 6 ), and I traveled to Patillas PR this past Thanksgiving. Our adventure began after we landed in San Juan. I was excited to get out of city as quickly as possible, after reading some of the nightmarish reviews on the "driving situation" and of course being the adventurous type we rented a car. It was a great drive seeing all of the beauty that PR has to offer. However if you suffer from motion sickness, steer clear of mountainous driving ( my youngest got car sick at least 8 times while there). Traffic wasn't as bad as many people made it out to be (we did travel there in an off season time) however you do need to pay attention and be aware of your surroundings, I'm from Baltimore so aggressive driving is in my blood! If you plan to bring a GPS forget it ! It did help a little, but we got lost every day with two maps and a GPS, but that was the adventure! We finally arrived at our Hotel "The Caribe Playa Beach Resort in Patillas, after 3 pukes from my daughter and getting directions 5 times from the wonderful Manager "Elmo" It was a great location, great staff, friendly people, rooms were adequate (exactly what we wanted, a clean place to sleep. since we would not be in our room much) Food was great, we ate there a couple of times, but mainly checked out local PR spots for grub, and even went to the local market and grilled out at the hotel one night. Our week was filled with early morning sunrise breakfast to finding little empty beaches to call our own for the day! Throughout the week we did see each side of the island and yes even traveled back to San Juan for the day and had a great time, ( one of the shuttle guys from airport gave us a great tip: got to San Juan after Tuesday, that was when all the Cruises left port) we had a great time, our favorite place was Fajardo, it had beautiful beaches, great deli's with homemade sweet breads (Cuban Sandwich was out of this world) We even went back to our favorite beach there for Thanksgiving day and found a road-side vendor selling roasted whole pig and turkey, we got a couple pounds of each and some can sodas and enjoyed our Thanksgiving turkey and pork on a breath taking beach. We as well traveled to El Yunque rain forest, it was amazing and would not miss it. I would suggest this hotel and trip for the adventurous type, not too much bling but alot of natural beauty and secluded wonderful places to see. I cannot wait to return there, I know there is so much more for us to experience

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank BrianC14
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Booked this hotel because we wanted to be lazy on the beach for a couple of days, and it worked nicely. There's actually shade on the beach too, which was a plus. Could walk right out of our room 20 steps and be on the beautiful beach. The on-site restaurant was excellent. Make sure you get vouchers if your rate includes breakfast. Our room was fair and was in need of remodeling. The bed wasn't very comfortable and the furnishings were worn out. Of course, we didn't spend much time in our room since the beach was so beautiful!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2010

I saved up forever for my first vacation. This adorable structure had recently changed hands so I understood and now had new owners that were not keeping the place up. I had to leave early and lose money because I was unable to sleep with bugs. We tried, asked for the rooms to be sprayed, moved rooms and wound up leaving with less of the trip we deserved. The management refused to reimburse us or provide us with a reciept since the room was booked on the internet. Such a shame, it is a charming place.... If anyone who has the money who can buy the place and restore it then I would go back. Oh, and call the bug man regularly!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank HHHMMMMM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patillas
Parador Palmas De Lucia
Parador MaunaCaribe
#1 of 1 in Maunabo
Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Caribe Playa Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!