“Nice and Reasonable Price” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Caribe Playa Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Patillas
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Nice and Reasonable Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was ther for two nights for work which was in Guayama and I thought this was a great place on the beach without the hassles of the staying in San Juan which is an hour and a half drive.
The place is very clean and well maintained but the rooms are somewhat dated and could use a refurbishing. Bring your own shampoo and hair dryer, they only provide soap and towels.
I didn't eat there but the staff is very friendly and helpful with any questions about the area.
I drove into town for dinner which is about 14 miles roundtrip.
My room had a king size bed which was very comfortable, TV, A/C and a minifridge.
I would stay there again definitely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TimothyW400

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Review of caribe playa, 1/6/13

Imagine every postcard you’ve ever seen with a spectacular beach in the background. Add deserted tropical islands from countless movies. Now toss in professionally-produced travel documentaries from every country in the world trying to lure your tourist dollars to their shores.

You’ve just described Caribe Playa: this is a place of unrelenting beauty. The scene from east to west (or west to east) along the south-facing shoreline is simply stunning. This is take-your-breath-away beautiful. Sandy stretches. Palm trees waving in the breeze. Volcanic rocks. Sea birds searching for lunch. Surfers riding crashing waves. If you’re looking for a place where the scenery is flat-out gorgeous, book now. This is it. You won’t find many that look better.

The hotel itself doesn’t quite live up to its setting, but nothing really could. This is an older property – 60s or 70s maybe? – that is in the process of being tuned up by its very friendly and capable young manager, Carlos. You’ll still see a few spots of peeling paint and chipped concrete, but glance south to the coastline and you’ll forget all about those very minor imperfections.

All the rooms face the ocean, and you’ll be lulled to sleep by the sound of the surf crashing. Wake in the morning and the first thing you’ll see is that magnificent shoreline.

The rooms are OK if a bit dated. The brochure says that each room has a reefer and a microwave; ours had neither. The food is OK, a few notches up from your neighborhood restaurant. We opted for the package price for meals: about $150 for all meals for two of us for two nights/three days. A reasonable price given that you’d have to drive somewhere else to eat. Drinks were not included. There is wireless service nearly everywhere on the grounds, and we had only occasional difficulty connecting. The service from Carlos and his cheerful staff is first-rate, helpful but not cloying, attentive but not intrusive.

And anytime you want to get away from those distracting, worrisome thoughts – job, family, economy, classes, politics, etc etc etc – just glance south. And remember to breathe.

Room Tip: Every room faces the ocean - no bad rooms here
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mikedoolin
CDeliz, General Manager at Caribe Playa Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Mr. mikedoolin,

It was an honor to have you and your wife as our guests here in Caribe Playa Beach Resort. I feel extreme joy to know that you were able to enjoy the unique ambient and scenery that Caribe Playa has to offer. As you mentioned, we are giving the finishing touches to the renovation in our property and expect to have it complete in the next month. I'll make sure I pass the message to our staff about your fabulous stay here and encourage you to contact me to assist you on your return to the island.

Best Regards,
Carlos Deliz
Hotel Manager
manager@caribeplaya.com
Petaluma, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I can not say enough good things about this motel. My boyfriend and I arrived at this extremely beautiful photogenic place with palm trees, swimming pools, ocean just steps away, sandy beach, surfers, great restaurant, easy parking, free WIFI, TV and a hammock!
Actually we found it even more beautiful and spectacular than the photos. Very sunny and bright. The staff goes out after dark and rakes all the sand of leaves and debris. There is a surfer section of the beach, rough and high waves and a smoother safe to swim section.
All the staff was friendly, helpful and enthusiastic.
There are several other restaurants within 1 or 2 two minutes drive, one of them only a :5 min walk on the sandy beach.
The sunrises and sunsets are spectacular.
Our room was large, clean and comfy.We had an upper balcony room.
We enjoyed all the meals prepared for us.
The only drawback was that road noise was sometimes loud, the road is right behind the rooms but really it cant be helped if you want to be close to the waters edge too. It really was not a problem.
We would highly recommend this beautiful great romantic place to stay at and will return for sure.

Room Tip: We went for the two double bed room, and saved.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barry L
CDeliz, General Manager at Caribe Playa Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Mr. Barry L.

It was a pleasure to have had you and your partner on our beautiful property. I am glad you were able to enjoy the full extension our hotel and its surroundings has to offer. We take pride in providing the personalized service all of our guests are used to. Please feel free to contact me on your next visit as I would like to personally meet you and assist you with your accommodations.

Best Regards,
Carlos Deliz
Hotel Manager
manager@caribeplaya.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

If you are looking for a beautiful space to simply relax yourself, this is it. The beach is full of rocks and you should be careful with the currents, but I had great dreams in the hamaca with the wave's sound in the back. It is very clean, the food is great and the service is excellent.

Looking forward to visit again!!

• Stayed November 2012
Oroville, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I just saw that it will be featured on Hotel Impossible. I stayed there in 2008, and it was nice, and so was the beach. I don't remember any trash, or any problems with shower or cleaniless. The staff even stayed up after hours so we could check in on our booked day. Only problem is, they didn't let us know ahead of time, so we ended up spending our first night at San Juan Airport. And my dad complained that there was no one at the front desk, and you have to pay for breakfast, but other then that, it was fine. I really enjoyed the hammocks. The water is danagarous, because of the current, but we swam in it anyways. I haven't seen the episode yet, it's going to premire next Monday. I am very curious to see what happend to it.

Room Tip: If you're arriving after closing hours, contact the hotel and make sure if they're waiting f...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank RealTravelman
San Juan, PR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This property is basically 3 houses together right in front of the beach. The beach is just to see and hear since it is extremely dangerous to swim here according to the staff. I payed for the most expensive room here with 2 queen beds and after the second adult they will charge you 20 per person, it doesn't make sense, a room for 4 but after the second there is extra charge? Rooms inside are motel looking cabanas, beds and pillows are uncomfortable. Old tv and bathroom made me decide to not make the same mistake again. Drive 5 more minutes and stay in Maunabo or Yabucoa.

Room Tip: They even offer you erotic massages...this is shady.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank elF3lix
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

The shower had no hot water for the first day of our stay. Several calls to the front desk later, they sent a person up who was able to remedy the problem. Upon getting "hot" water, the water itself was only ever warm at best and came out of the shower with such little pressure that I actually had to wash my hair in the sink.

The AC was broken and, upon calling the front desk, we were laughed at. Five calls to the front desk later (on one call they actually told us to check our television for the AC), someone came up and finally helped solve the problem.

The supposed "high speed internet" is only available on the supposed restaurant/ office. It does not work in your room or in front of the beach.This was actually the first problem that we ran into and called the front desk about. Upon calling, they said that it only works sitting in the restaurant.

And the ants. Oh, the ants. Ants, spiders, bugs, every night, all over the place. We ordered a pizza and overnight lost that and any other food we brought with us which wasn't sealed as if for a camping trip.

The hotel itself was terrible had its own distinct aroma ranging from decomposing trash to stale urine. Since its a very old motel looking 60s place. I'll leave it at that.

As you can tell, the service was beyond awful. Having three people and only receiving two beds and not the extra bed we were promised only to discover that they had no cots either. So someone was forced to sleep on the floor or get closer to a friend. We were forced to make somewhere around 20-30 calls to the front desk and another seven to the tech support number just in the first night.

If you are planning on going out for the nightlife, I would avoid this place like the plague.I love to go out and have fun but I sadly cannot check the nightlife box as, after the first night and hearing the shooting, I barely felt like leaving my room the next morning. It was only because the room itself was so bad that I was able to get myself out of it.

The only good thing was the ocean front location although you can not go inside the water since its very rough and the sub currents can drpwn you.

This was a horrible experience and I would never recommend it to anyone. I hope that someone reads this and decides to avoid this experience as it is the worst I have ever had in a hotel. I've stayed in two star motels before around in PR and even they shine in comparison.

• Stayed October 2012
21 Thank zocus85

Travelers are raving about these Patillas hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patillas
Parador Palmas De Lucia
Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar
Hilton Ponce Golf & Casino Resort
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa
Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verde Beach Resort
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort

Been to Caribe Playa Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!